Which Blower

noco5.0

Established Member
I'm thinking about putting a supercharger on my recently acquired Boss 302. I came from a Hellcat so even though I like everything about the car I do wish it made more power. I need something that will run on pump gas and be able to pass Colorado emissions since we are quickly becoming like California. Any recommendations? I know the stock tranny isn't the greatest, but I was planning on leaving it stock for now and if it goes I'll deal with it. I did install a Blow Fish bracket which has helped alot.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I would go centri on a boss and would look at pro chargers.

decipha

Established Member
I second the procharger.

Im a procharger dealer and we do ALOT of procharger installs on the coyotes. I'm very fond of them myself and have yet to hear of anyone not happy.

_Snake_

Established Member
Another vote for Procharger.

Stock injectors and fuel system with a P1 Procharger @ 7-8 lbs will put you around 550 rwhp

That’s just the starting point.

noco5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I talked to a local shop and they were advocating for a Whipple versus the Procharger. Whipple sounds awesome but doubt my MT82 would live long even though I mainly plan to do time attack and occasional open lapping events. I’m not really into drag racing anymore.

97novi2k

Established Member
I have a Gen 3 Whipple and absolutely love it. It makes great power and drives like stock down low.

97novi2k

Established Member
I still have the stock trans and clutch, been like that for 10k miles. I have upgraded the suspension and have DRs on the back. I’m thinking of going E85 and might get a Calimer stage 3 when I do it

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont waste time with a centri on a coyote motor. Been there, done that. That is not to say you cant go very fast with them, because you can.

However, if you are missing the "push you in the chest" acceleration of the Hellcat, the centri wont give you that feeling.

Go turbo/s or TVS based blower. A gen 3 VMP would be awesome on the Boss.

Or better yet, the single 76mm kit that On3 offers for the s197 ....

Dont bother with CPR at this time. They are rumored to have a 2 year+ wait on kits. Hard pass.

boduke0220

Established Member
Carb legal, whipple is a great option. put a Mantic twin disk in her with an MGW shifter and that will solve your transmission issues. My whipple on my S550 made 850rwhp on 15psi and E85.

Users who are viewing this thread