Where to have Turbo Auto Cobra tuned in the NY area?

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Not sure where is a good place to have a tubo auto cobra tuned on E85 in my area. I'm on long island. The shops close to me are Real Speed, Mustang Magic, and Anarchy Motorsports. I don't have a truck/trailer, so I really don't want to transport the car :-(.

I know mustang magic has tuned an 1100 RWHP turbo auto car, not sure of any of the other shops having specific cars. Just looking for opinions!

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
I dont think anarchy motorsports does tuning. I havent spoke to steve since he opened it up maybe he does. Mustang magic has done plenty of high hp turbo cars. joey the tuner has a 7 second turbo car, his daily driver that he sold was a turbo auto mustang, aj's 1100rwhp comp orange cobra, white venoms 1000rwhp turbo auto cobra was tuned there, lasurdo's twin turbo auto black mach 1 was tuned there. Joey is a turbo guy so.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I dont think anarchy motorsports does tuning. I havent spoke to steve since he opened it up maybe he does. Mustang magic has done plenty of high hp turbo cars. joey the tuner has a 7 second turbo car, his daily driver that he sold was a turbo auto mustang, aj's 1100rwhp comp orange cobra, white venoms 1000rwhp turbo auto cobra was tuned there, lasurdo's twin turbo auto black mach 1 was tuned there. Joey is a turbo guy so.

Well shit, that was an extremely convincing post haha, thanks so much for that!

stangfreak

Established Member

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Im not sure if he wants anyone to know but tommy, the kid with the white notchback that has the tvs cobra motor, is also doing a custom twin turbo auto setup with that cobra motor as we speak.

some video's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfxDW57h1LQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdLcOYkeI_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mqmj7w_Lwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK1SGYY1mJY

Oh wow awesome, I don't know of tommy am I supposed to? haha. I saw the comp orange dyno, absolutely nuts! I know of the white turbo cobra as well that thing is a beast, didn't he end up making much more power? AJ's cobra is an absolutely missile that's crazy

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
Let us know how the tune goes I heard mm is under new ownership I just finished my turbo build and I'm looking for a place to tune aswel im on Long Island to ....stay away from real speed

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Let us know how the tune goes I heard mm is under new ownership I just finished my turbo build and I'm looking for a place to tune aswel im on Long Island to ....stay away from real speed

The deal ended up falling through with the car I wanted. But in the end it seems like neither mustang magic or real speed are reputable enough. I would probably end up traveling for a tune if I need one!

HPLouis

Established Member
Both RealSpeed and Mustang Magic? Can you tell me about them? Or PM me? Or tell me where to search to find this information out? I was thinking of getting Maximum Motorsports suspension parts put in and I saw that RealSpeed is a MM dealer. If they have a bad rep, I'll go elsewhere.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Both RealSpeed and Mustang Magic? Can you tell me about them? Or PM me? Or tell me where to search to find this information out? I was thinking of getting Maximum Motorsports suspension parts put in and I saw that RealSpeed is a MM dealer. If they have a bad rep, I'll go elsewhere.

I was speaking for tuning only. For installation I'm sure they are both fine, it's more the tuning aspect that I was most interested/concerned with! Dan from realspeed seems far more personable and helpful though, I'll tell you that.

HPLouis

Established Member
Thanks, I'm good with tuning since I do my own, also, I'm not going to do any more engine mods besides what I already have.

I was only planning subframes, IRS bushings and front bushings and rack bushings. Nothing too big.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Thanks, I'm good with tuning since I do my own, also, I'm not going to do any more engine mods besides what I already have.

I was only planning subframes, IRS bushings and front bushings and rack bushings. Nothing too big.

For something like that I would have trust in them!

stangfreak

Established Member
There are many great tuners on the east coast that have been doing cobras for a long time. Pick whoever you feel comfortable with. Just remember, don't believe everything on the internet, not every shop will make all there customers happy EVEN the modular guru tuner gods, and you have to give respect when its due especially when shops have been tuning cobras since 2002, had the first 600rwhp in ny or even in the country, and have 8-9 second street cars roaming the streets with a/c and stock drivability. I have seen a lot, been around cobras since they came out and I have also been to the best tuners on the east coast. I will not get into that bc It will bring bad memories bc my car was messed up. Grass isn't always greener. I learned the expensive way.

Another suggestion would be kevin hand in jersey. I like kevin and he knows his shit. If anyone goes to kevin tell him alex with the silver cobra says hi and maybe we can all meet up with our cobras one day!!!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
There are many great tuners on the east coast that have been doing cobras for a long time. Pick whoever you feel comfortable with. Just remember, don't believe everything on the internet, not every shop will make all there customers happy EVEN the modular guru tuner gods, and you have to give respect when its due especially when shops have been tuning cobras since 2002, had the first 600rwhp in ny or even in the country, and have 8-9 second street cars roaming the streets with a/c and stock drivability. I have seen a lot, been around cobras since they came out and I have also been to the best tuners on the east coast. I will not get into that bc It will bring bad memories bc my car was messed up. Grass isn't always greener. I learned the expensive way.

Another suggestion would be kevin hand in jersey. I like kevin and he knows his shit. If anyone goes to kevin tell him alex with the silver cobra says hi and maybe we can all meet up with our cobras one day!!!

Very well said stangfreak. I've heard great things about Kevins tuning as well! When I finally find my car I'd be happy to meet up!

Users who are viewing this thread