Where to get shortblock?

asierra1

Established Member
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 99 and it will eventually become my street strip truck. For now it's my dd, but I want to make sure I piece my build together correctly. Only mod so far is a k&n intake. Some helpful input would be appreciated.

Parts I will get soon

Obx headers with no cats

Catback (straight through)

Kenne bell 2.6. Boost will be determined later

Tfs heads with stage 2 cams

Id 1000 injectors

Frpp 4.10s

Parts in question

Shortblock. Where to get it built? I've seen plenty of horror stories about mmr. What are some other options? I'm looking to stroke it and it be strong enough to handle 25psi as well.

Transmission. I want to keep the factory trans, but have it built. I've seen good things about the punisher vb. What size stall should I use to retain streetability? Who has a good rep building these?

Suspension. I'm completely lost. What's a good spring and shock combo that will be decent on both street and strip?

Fuel system. Who sells complete kits? I'd like it to be able to run on e85 as well as 93.

I know some of these questions have been answered before, but my search function doesnt work on govt computers. Any help anyone could offer would be a great help. Thanks!

JimIII@jdm

Hey man congrats on the new Truck. We have built this combination many a time in house and with our customers through mail order. I can help set you up with any of the parts and tuning you may need! We also travel to Texas for tuning so its possible to one day get setup with a dyno tune!

We build our own Short blocks in house and also offer the Ford Racing Forged Short block on special right now for $3799 with a set of Head gaskets free of charge! That would easily handle the power your trying to make.

Shortblock thread http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...acing-5-4l-forged-shortblocks-sc-special.html

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Punisher is a good trans setup. I have a Hughes trans but they are local to the Phoenix area.

Either JDM or JLP for the engine builds. These two guys know what they are doing. I would stay away from anyone else for a short block or tune for a Lightning. I personally went with JLP for my long block (sorry Jim).

asierra1

Established Member
Pm'd blowerslut and punisher for the trans. Blowersluts the price is a tad bit outta my range at the moment, but you get what you pay for. I'm gonna have him do a vb for me, and when I get the cash, hopefully a build by him as well.

Thanks for the replies fellas

JimIII@jdm

If your looking for Transmission work, try contacting BTS http://www.brianstruckshop.com/. Brian's Truck Shop is our source for built transmissions. He offers the best for these trucks and stands behind every build. We have installed hundreds of his with out ever having a failure. This includes all the trucks we have running in the 10's and 9's for the last decade!!! They are based out of Arkansas too so kind of close to you.

JimIII

Users who are viewing this thread