Where to buy AR's? (where they aren't sold out)

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Was bored today and decided to jump in on the assault rifle action pre-ban (if it passes). Was hoping to nab 2, a Sig M400 and another yet to be determined. I'm on THR - Powered by vBulletin but none of the guys are willing to part with anything worthwhile. Recommendations on a second AR would also be helpful. Gander Mountain has completely sold out. Someone mentioned Walmart but you can only purchase in store and I despise that place.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
You could buy one on gunbroker. But you will be paying an astronomical amount if money. Either buy into the craze and the scare or hold off a few months and buy then.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
You can try Academy, but I have gotten all my AR's from Modern Pawn & Guns in Corpus. They are a class III as well, but they specialize in new ar's. I recently picked up a New RRA Operator Elite for $950, not bad for an in store deal.

wesessiah

Established Member
Was bored today and decided to jump in on the assault rifle action pre-ban (if it passes). Was hoping to nab 2, a Sig M400 and another yet to be determined. I'm on THR - Powered by vBulletin but none of the guys are willing to part with anything worthwhile. Recommendations on a second AR would also be helpful. Gander Mountain has completely sold out. Someone mentioned Walmart but you can only purchase in store and I despise that place.

check out the official where can i get it thread on m4carbine.net
The Official Where Can I Get It Thread? - Page 54 - M4Carbine.net Forums
people ask where they can buy things, if anybody knows where it's in stock they post a link. also, when people find something they will post it a lot of times without anyone asking.

blwn89gt

Established Member
They are sold out everywhere i've been looking. try armslist.com or gunbroker but like mentioned above your going to pay way over what its worth. Id hold off till things cool down a bit. People are panic buying like crazy. When I went to get my first one someone was picking up there 4th one. I wanted to BUG OUT.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member

oldmodman

Established Member
My neighbor was visiting relatives in Arizona just before Christmas and stopped in at several little, out of the way gunstores while up near Flagstaff.
They had plenty of 223 ammo and AR style rifles on the shelves. There was no buying frenzy there at all.
I'll see if he grabbed a flyer or business card from any of the stores he visited.
They even had a 50cal BMG Barrett on the shelf.
And one of the stores was Class 3 also.

Blown 89

Established Member
My neighbor was visiting relatives in Arizona just before Christmas and stopped in at several little, out of the way gunstores while up near Flagstaff.
They had plenty of 223 ammo and AR style rifles on the shelves. There was no buying frenzy there at all.
I'll see if he grabbed a flyer or business card from any of the stores he visited.
I'd like to know where that is because I'm in Arizona and the shelves in the valley are bare. I know of one store that has Colt AR's but they marked them up $600. Fingers crossed ;)

Last edited:

assasyn

Established Member

Tomball Pawn.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member

I'd get a Sig 516 if you can, since it's a gas piston gun. Then you can have one of each. You can grab a Sig M400 or 516 and then a Springfield M1A if you want something with a little more punch.

At this point though, it's going to be tough to come by anything decent. People are insane with the price gouging, and some manufacturers are backordered for over a year.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Your timing is terrible. :bash: There are many brands I would not buy even if they were in stock. You will be lucky to find anything in stock anywhere and paying too much for poor quality is a bad idea. What you do find will be way overpriced. A Colt LE6920 (an excellent choice at normal prices) on Gunbroker is selling for more than double what it sold for 2 months ago.

If the Walmarts in your area sell AR's they do sell Colt LE6920's. If they have one (not likely) I would get it regardless of if you like the store.

Tha smart thing to do is relax and wait awhile.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

I'd like to know where that is because I'm in Arizona and the shelves in the valley are bare. I know of one store that has Colt AR's but they marked them up $600. Fingers crossed ;)

I directed a co-worker here: Guns Plus, Surprise Arizona

^ That's where I bought my S&W M&P for a steal a few months ago and where I almost bought a matching M&P AR the same day...which I now thoroughly regret not doing. :bash:

Not sure how it went, but that place always has great prices, from my experiences with them.

phillycobra99

Established Member
Im holding out, right now all the gun mfg's are amping up production, and once this scare is over the market will be flooded and prices will be the same or cheaper.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I'd get a Sig 516 if you can, since it's a gas piston gun. Then you can have one of each. You can grab a Sig M400 or 516 and then a Springfield M1A if you want something with a little more punch.

At this point though, it's going to be tough to come by anything decent. People are insane with the price gouging, and some manufacturers are backordered for over a year.

Thanks for the recommendations. Don't mind me asking, what are you currently holding? I'd understand if you didn't want to mention.

blwn89gt

Established Member
I managed to grab an AR 2 weeks back. I want one more but in going to wait till the madness goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread