Where to attach autometer gages?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
I recently bought my gages to go along with my charger. Now I have the dash panel off and am wondering where to get power from to light the gages. As well as the best route through the firewall into the engine. IUPsnake...any ideas?

99SVTcobraVERT

up behind clutch and resting pedal is rubber plug that goes into the engine bay. if you look on drivers side under hood right under where the hood latches down you cant miss it, (like 6-8inches) i believe

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Thanks for the response. Where did u get power from to light your gages? The stock instrument cluster wiring?

Blown306

Established Member
I pulled mine from the ashtray light (it was the easiest to get to at the time...it was part of the dimmer circuit so my guages dim with the dash lights as well.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I got all my power from the stereo harness... I just pulled that out, and got a test light for the dash lights, switched 12V, and ground. You can route all the wiring that needs to go to the engine bay through that big rubber grommet up by the master cylinder. If I can fit my gauge connections and a 2 gauge stereo wire through, then you can fit anything through there.

-Homer

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I hooked mine into the factory light switch. I just tested the wires and hooked the guage lights up to the parking lights.

Users who are viewing this thread