Where is everyone staying in 2009?

matted2thefloor

Established Member
Im making my reservations this week at The Holiday Sands. It's where all the Southeastern Foxbody club is staying at and they are giving us a killer discount. I figured I would start this thread so everyone would know where everyone is in case they wanna meet up down there or stay where someone else from the board is staying.
:rockon:

Is Holiday Sands and Holiday Sands South one-in-the-same? Is there some discount "code" ??

How much space do they have for trailers?

SeankySnake

Established Member
What are some of the nicer places to stay at? I am going to see if i cant make it this year (I have been wanting to go for quite a few years) but this will be durring my vacation. I will want to splurge a little. Any places with nice penthouses? Again, this will be my first time down and i will be trailering my car up from TX.

Glad to see some more people make the trip from Tx. If I were you and you want to stay in a good location and be able to attend all of the events with in a short driving distance except Drag Night I reccommend you staying around Broadway at the Beach of Barefoot Landing. The only problem that you may or may not run into is parking a truck and car trailer. If you need a place to park you trailer and vehicle I reccomend this place, Trailer parking and storage !!!!!! - Mustang Week Forums
I have and other MW attendies have used this location for a few years now and have never had a problem and is very secure and at a good location.

As far as a hotel that has penthouse style rooms that are a lot of them in the areas that I mentioned above. You might find it cheaper to rent a house, if that is possible and save some cash and apply it towards your vacation. I can not reccommend one place over another. I have been to every Mustang Week so far and have always stayed at the same location. But this year I'm changing locations and which is alot closer to all of the events and has a better sence of security. I have always stayed on the strip, but after last years overall atmosphere I don't reccommend staying on the strip, or at least it is not for me or my wife. But we are staying in a free condo this year.:beer:

If you have anymore questions join Mustang Week and check out the site and I'm very sure that all of your ?'s will be answered.:rockon:

SeankySnake

Established Member
Is Holiday Sands and Holiday Sands South one-in-the-same? Is there some discount "code" ??

No there is acutally 3 different ones

1. Holiday Sands North
2. Holiday Sands South
#1 and 2 are owned by different people. Holiday Sands North does not give any MW discounts. I have stayed there for the last 6 years for MW.

3. Hoilday Sands

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member

From what I have scene a good bit. You have to me a SEFB member to get the discount. They may however offer a different discount if you tell them you are a part of mustang week.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Yeah GeoSnake can vouch for this, he has stayed them many times before and likes it pretty good.

I stayed in Holiday Sands South's Tiki bldg the first couple of years we did Mustang Week. It's an old building with no frills. The way I look at it is this, how much time do you spend in the room anyway? As a MW Staff member, I'd be up early and back late each night. So there for a shower and sleep only. If you are on a budget, the Tiki will save you some major cash, just don't expect it to be more than it is... a room with a bed (or two), a simple TV, AC, and a bathroom/shower.

On that note, it isn't that much more per night to be across the street in one of HSS's other rooms. Give them a call. They have been great to MW folks for years! One of my favorite things about HSS is that they provide a car wash area!

Nukem1040

Established Member
I heard around feb-mar, they will post on mustangweek.com the discounted rates. I don't want it to be too late and booked. Can anyone give me the "no S$@t" low down on CHEAP/CLOSE hotels so I can book right after new year? Thanks guys. I would really like to meet up with SVTP members up there.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I heard around feb-mar, they will post on mustangweek.com the discounted rates. I don't want it to be too late and booked. Can anyone give me the "no S$@t" low down on CHEAP/CLOSE hotels so I can book right after new year? Thanks guys. I would really like to meet up with SVTP members up there.

The only thing we really post on our site is the name/contact for motels giving some sort of discounted rate. We don't negotiate the rates.

Cheap is not a term I reserve for Myrtle Beach during July, but there are a handful of places that come down a bit and seem to like the MW crowd.

If you want a good, cheap place, where a bunch of other MW folks will be, then call and make reservations at Holiday Sands South. You can either cheap out and get a room in their Tiki Bldg or for just a bit more stay oceanside.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I'm not sure yet... I know SID297 and I had separate rooms at the Sea Watch resort.. which was nice, but I'd prob be open to getting a house again like I did previous years, and just sharing it with a few friends. I'll be hauling down one of, or "THE" official SVTP trailer if SID297 can work out the details on his end.(if he can attend).

Anyone have any ideas of a nice place to stay with a BUNCH of parking?

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I'm not sure yet... I know SID297 and I had separate rooms at the Sea Watch resort.. which was nice, but I'd prob be open to getting a house again like I did previous years, and just sharing it with a few friends. I'll be hauling down one of, or "THE" official SVTP trailer if SID297 can work out the details on his end.(if he can attend).

Anyone have any ideas of a nice place to stay with a BUNCH of parking?

Sheraton. Its freakin' nice. It has a huge parking garage which was great for my 91 and the lightning. And there is a HUGE parking lot out back. My trailer had about fifteen parking spots free around it. If the little lady didn't have to stay right on the beach I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Its on the side road that runs right into Planet Hollywood and Hardrock and into the bypass to the mall.

Nukem1040

Established Member
I got my place. Quality Inn & Suites 1601 17 Hwy N, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (843)272-6153
I will have my kids so I got a 2 bed with a fold out couch. 2 1/2 star hotel. With military discount its around $109 wed-thur and $140 fri-sat each night. 20 min away. They said they had alot of room yet. I figure a nice cruise back to the hotel after a good night will do just fine.
Thanks for all the advise everyone.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Patricia Grand 2710 N Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

its to expensive, but its mustang week, so who cares!

matted2thefloor

Established Member
Patricia Grand 2710 N Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

its to expensive, but its mustang week, so who cares!

Stayed there last year and won't stay again! Wasn't as clean as it should have been for the price...customer service was less than stellar....

Just my .02!!!
Hopefully staying at HSS this year, if I can get there. I'm already takin time off for PINKS @ ZMax in April...so might not have any vac time left after that!!!

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Stayed there last year and won't stay again! Wasn't as clean as it should have been for the price...customer service was less than stellar....

Just my .02!!!
Hopefully staying at HSS this year, if I can get there. I'm already takin time off for PINKS @ ZMax in April...so might not have any vac time left after that!!!

I stayed at PG last Halloween and didn't have any problems, but who knows:shrug:

96tangcobra

Established Member
You really need to try the sands ocean club beach resort.It's north around barefoot landing but its an awesome places to stay and much more reasonable than staying on the grand strand.We stay there at laest once a year but the fiances father has timeshare now so we usually stay at a bluegreen resort(P.I.M.P as F.U.C.K!!)LOL

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I may try to get my same room there again. Hopefully I'll have a house down there by then and we won't need the condos.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
This year, I'm returning to the Holiday Sands South for the entire week! I was staying at a friends place the first part of the week then haviing to move/relocate at the end of the week. Not this year. That was too hard with our schedule. I'm excited to be going back where there is a car wash area!

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
This year, I'm returning to the Holiday Sands South for the entire week! I was staying at a friends place the first part of the week then haviing to move/relocate at the end of the week. Not this year. That was too hard with our schedule. I'm excited to be going back where there is a car wash area!

Hey Brad. Ill be there Mon thru Sun.

When will you be there?

Users who are viewing this thread