Where is everyone staying at in '08?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Where is everyone staying at in 08? Just made my reservations at the Sheraton. 159 a night got the Mustang Week group rate:beer:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Haven't really decided yet. I change from year-to-year just to kinda mix it up. I've honestly thought about going back to the Holiday Sands South. Being on the MW Staff, I stay so busy I really don't have time to enjoy a high-dollar hotel. Plus, the Holiday Sands South always provides a car wash area and have always been very accomodating to various Mustang clubs. I just haven't really decided. We have a Staff meeting this weekend and I'm sure motel rates/discounts will be discussed a little. Watch the Mustang Week website and forums for any deals we may find. See you all there!

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Haven't really decided yet. I change from year-to-year just to kinda mix it up. I've honestly thought about going back to the Holiday Sands South. Being on the MW Staff, I stay so busy I really don't have time to enjoy a high-dollar hotel. Plus, the Holiday Sands South always provides a car wash area and have always been very accomodating to various Mustang clubs. I just haven't really decided. We have a Staff meeting this weekend and I'm sure motel rates/discounts will be discussed a little. Watch the Mustang Week website and forums for any deals we may find. See you all there!

True that I about go grey headed running my one day show I can't imagine doing a week of events. I'm suprised you even see a motel room! The Sheraton is giving a group discount the link is up on the mustang forum. The room is like 189 regular. Only thing that sucks is you gotta pay in full up front the old credit card took a hit on that one.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
^ thats what i need to know, so i can go ahead and put it in for time off. 07 we waited till like 3 weeks before to get a room... about to late.. lol

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I'll go ahead and post this here and I'll start a new thread sometime as well.

Event List for 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday (July 22,2008)
Planet Hollywood Meet ‘n Greet 4pm-8pm

Plant Hollywood
2915 Hollywood Drive
Across from Broadway at the Beach
PH: 843-448-7827

Wednesday (July 23,2008)
Myrtle Beach Speedway fun runs ,Autocross and Burn Out Contest 3:00pm-9:00pm

Myrtle Beach Speedway
1-843-236-0500
http://www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com

Thursday (July 24,2008 )
Meet at Hooters at 1:30-3:30pm and cruise to Darlington Drag Strip
Darlington Drag Night from 5:00pm – 11:00pm. Pro-Dyno on site with mobile Dyno

Hooters NMB
10133 North Kings Highway
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
843-272-3739

Darlington Dragway
1-843-383-0008
http://www.darlingtondragway.com

Friday (July 25,2008 )
4th Annual Car Show at Colonial Mall
Registration 9am-11am, Judging 11am -2pm, with Awards at 4pm Pro-Dyno on site with mobile Dyno

Colonial Mall
10177 N Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach SC 29572
843-272-4040

Saturday (July 26, 2008)
Southeast largest Mustang and SVT Cruise-In at Colonial Mall from 1pm – 8pm,Pro-Dyno on site with mobile Dyno

Ford302Redneck

Purfectly Insane
Established Member
Ill be at the drag night for sure. Thats my hometown.

I might cruise to Hooters and ride in the long train, but I seem that pointless for me.

Somebody just bring me some wings. :D

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
mustang week is the last full week of july every year. this will be my 4th year going and it gets better and bigger every year! i've been at the holiday sands south and it was great, and filled with plenty of down to earth mustangers. can't beat the price, location and atmosphere for sure! we had a condo in 06 and that was nice as well, that was much quieter. just depends on what you're looking for and how many are in your group.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I know at least one of the five Staff guys is going back to the Holiday Sands South and I might do that as well. The past couple of years I've stayed more on the north end near Barefoot Landing. It's nice only being 5 minutes from the mall where the show and cruise-in take place. I'm still undecided at this point. A quiet place sounds good, but I've missed being at the HSS. The car wash area is a nice perk as well!

03CobraVenom

Banned
damn, ive been so busy I havent even thought about it.

What are some good recomendations? I havent been to Mustang week for some time now but I am hoping to make it back this year. Id like to stay in a semi decent hotel.

Venimus03

Established Member
We'll all be staying at the same place as last year, Bay View Resort, its a very nice place with a gated parking garage....

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
My wife's Gp have a condo right there on NMB, we went 2 yrs ago and had the best time,I wish I could make this year but my baby girl will only be a month old at the time. I love the Carolina's! you guys have a good show! maybe next year for me.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread