Where can I finance a supercharger?

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
yup plus the way luck would have it, your motor would probably blow up shortly there after then what?? You already took a loan out on the s/c

+1 you'll be $200 a month in debt on the blower and then once the engine goes...you'll either be looking for a place to get you a $6000 loan for a budget rebuild or you'll have to sell your Mach 1 with a busted motor for half of what's it's worth.

davidlflores15

302WHTMACH1
Established Member
yeah, i agree with everyone cause i was thinking about it but you can easily do an eaton swap for half of that cost. Im glad i went the eaton swap route cause i hate being in debt, it sucks!

Zeekmann

Established Member
The only way you should do this is if your car is paid off, but get the money from your bank

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
7822.gif

filmnews

Established Member
I'm going to buy a Zex 82023 kit. I'm gonna run a 125 shot. Next summer, I will cut the spray back to a 50 shot and add a procharger and build the motor up to hold it. :)

tr04mach

Established Member
Yeah definitely just save up and get what you want. You've also got to think about the elevated power levels because if you finance a blower and run it even conservative the chances of blowing up your engine are going to increase. So if you're already like 5k in debt and then you blow your engine you're going to be hurt when you'll want to upgrade since you're already spending the money and can't even begin to afford anything. Sounds like you're doing the right thing, nitrous is the cheap alternative until you get money saved up to go big.

DivineDetail

Established Member
Not a good plan. What if something else goes wrong and you pop your motor, god forbid? If you can't afford to buy it outright, you can't afford to fix it if its breaks. Don't go into debt to mod your car.

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
Yeah man, if you can't pay cash, you can't afford it. Like Dave Ramsey says, "act your wage" Don't do it! Live by 10%, 20%, 70% and you'll never have a problem. that's Give 10% away (charity) Save 20%, and live on 70%... hope that helps.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I will also agree that you prob. dont want to get a loan for a mod. ESP. w/ the economy being the way it is now. I also like the ^^^^^ post above me. I think I will figure that out w/ my paycheck and see what I find out.

Users who are viewing this thread