Where can I buy a new front bumper cover?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Was out for a drive tonight just cruising down the highway. Some jackass had lost a small(ish) wooden chair out of their vehicle and I didn't see it. Caught it with the right corner of the bumper cover and did a little bit of damage. It isn't a big deal and, as good as my bodywork guy is, he may not even need to replace it. The damage is entirely cosmetic save for one place where it put about an inch long cut through the bumper cover. No metal damage, no mechanical damage. Lower lip was already scuffed up and ugly & the cover itself was showing its age too. The car came out of Missouri when I bought it back in 04 and it had the front plate bracket on it so all in all I'm excited about getting the whole thing cleaned up and looking good again. Just wondered where we can get new lower valences and bumper covers these days.

Thanks,
Michael

Jefe

Established Member
Long time no talk! Good to see you still around

Pershing Auto Body sells Cobra bumpers and paints them. Under $300 shipped

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I'd like to stick with OEM just because I can. That is if my body guy can't fix it. Spoke over the phone with him today and described it to him. He seemed confident in being able to fix all the damage on the existing cover. That would be nice. I'd put the cost of the other into having the hood repainted as well. It has some nice rock chips in it and the underside wasn't painted at the factory. I'm not in a hurry because I barely drive it anyway. That is an advantage in itself because it means we have time to work at everything until it is perfect. Doesn't have to be back to driver duty on monday or anything. Thanks for the heads up on pershings too just in case mine doesn't work out. My guy has never let me down on any of this stuff before and I've brought him a lot worse shit to sort out. Fortunately it was never on my cobra as this is the first booboo she's ever had. Now if you'd like to know what a steel flatbed on an 8000 lb truck will do to a buick regal, I could tell you about that little beauty :)

Sorry I don't get on here much anymore. I'm still around as is 03 #528 and we make cameo appearances in different forums as time allows.

Users who are viewing this thread