Where are the VMP Gen 3 Cars/Numbers?

James.03Cobra

Established Member
You made 22psi on 91? Or did you swap pullies?

should have specified more my bad, E85 tune we run it with the 3.00 pulley and on 91 it was at 16 psi i belive with the 3.75 pulley.... might even be the 3.50 i honeslty dont remember. the 3.00 stays on the car 99% of the time hahah

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
should have specified more my bad, E85 tune we run it with the 3.00 pulley and on 91 it was at 16 psi i belive with the 3.75 pulley.... might even be the 3.50 i honeslty dont remember. the 3.00 stays on the car 99% of the time hahah

Damn. That gives me hope then. I'm hoping to be over 600 when I finally install my new Whipple.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm going to start out by saying most of the info here about the TVS and roots style blowers here is wrong. Eaton, and TVS, has come a long way in 10+ years. The 2.65l rotor pack has the correct L/D ratio, a high twist, and is incredibly efficient through a wide operating range. Don't believe it? look at the dyno numbers below.

The latest VMP 2.65l for GT500 and coyote, the 3R, extends the efficient operating range out even further. With no tune, throttle, or pulley change, it picked up 75rwhp over our old design. The magic is all in airflow. We, and 3rd parties, have re-created these results many times over. 3Rs will begin shipping next week for the above mentioned platforms.

There is somewhat of an old wise tail stating that TVS style blowers have to be spun very fast to make power, and run hot because of it. Most of that info comes from the pot (twin screw owners) calling the kettle (tvs) black lol....twin screw blowers by design have an internal step up ratio for the small rotor to stay in sync with the large rotor. KB uses 4/6 lobe, whipple uses 3/5 lobe until recently when they came out with a 3/4 lobe. TVS has always been a 4/4 symmetrical lobe design, kind of funny the competition is trying to get closer to a symmetrical design, but can't, because of patents on TVS.

Keep an eye on our youtube channel as we release more content and information. VMPPerformance

Here's a link to the video relating to the attached dynograph.
Here's a 3rd party test by Lund racing and Alejandro Flores where they made 1250rwhp STD and 1290rwtq STD with the new 3R

Attachments

• Gen3 vs Gen3R 15% & 2.6 with 160mm TB.png
    Gen3 vs Gen3R 15% & 2.6 with 160mm TB.png
    259.4 KB · Views: 228

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm going to start out by saying most of the info here about the TVS and roots style blowers here is wrong. Eaton, and TVS, has come a long way in 10+ years. The 2.65l rotor pack has the correct L/D ratio, a high twist, and is incredibly efficient through a wide operating range. Don't believe it? look at the dyno numbers below.

The latest VMP 2.65l for GT500 and coyote, the 3R, extends the efficient operating range out even further. With no tune, throttle, or pulley change, it picked up 75rwhp over our old design. The magic is all in airflow. We, and 3rd parties, have re-created these results many times over. 3Rs will begin shipping next week for the above mentioned platforms.

There is somewhat of an old wise tail stating that TVS style blowers have to be spun very fast to make power, and run hot because of it. Most of that info comes from the pot (twin screw owners) calling the kettle (tvs) black lol....twin screw blowers by design have an internal step up ratio for the small rotor to stay in sync with the large rotor. KB uses 4/6 lobe, whipple uses 3/5 lobe until recently when they came out with a 3/4 lobe. TVS has always been a 4/4 symmetrical lobe design, kind of funny the competition is trying to get closer to a symmetrical design, but can't, because of patents on TVS.

Keep an eye on our youtube channel as we release more content and information. VMPPerformance

Here's a link to the video relating to the attached dynograph.
Here's a 3rd party test by Lund racing and Alejandro Flores where they made 1250rwhp STD and 1290rwtq STD with the new 3R

Mic Drop. Thank you Justin!

James.03Cobra

Established Member
Damn. That gives me hope then. I'm hoping to be over 600 when I finally install my new Whipple.
i dont see hitting 600 being an issue, forgot to mention i have a lfp heat exchanger as well. If my car can make 618 on 91 in 101 degree heat you should be just fine :D

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
i dont see hitting 600 being an issue, forgot to mention i have a lfp heat exchanger as well. If my car can make 618 on 91 in 101 degree heat you should be just fine :D

I have the Afco dual pass in mine. Although with the way things are going the weather will be cool by the time I get around to installing anything.

TP03

Established Member
I'm considering a blower upgrade and debating between a 2.9 whipple, finding a used gen 2 VMP TVS, and the new gen 3 VMP TVS.

I’m in the same situation. Looking to upgrade my blower and fuel system in the spring. So far there just isn’t a lot out there on the VMP gen 3 for 03-04. I guess I’d really like to hear from the guys that went from the VMP 2.3 to the 2.65 (on 03-04). Are you happy with the 2.65? If you could have a redo, would you have gone a different route or kept your 2.3.

My car is a street only weekend fun car. Don’t ever plan on going to the track and don’t plan on hitting a dyno anytime soon. I rely on remote tunes and seat of the pants feel. With that said, guys that have a 2.65 gen 3 in a cobra. Does it feel good/pull hard down low?

I know there was a few cobra guys that made the switch to a 2.65 but not sure who? Only one I know for sure is @cj428mach since it’s in his sig. Any answers to any of the questions would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew03SVT

Established Member
I’m in the same situation. Looking to upgrade my blower and fuel system in the spring. So far there just isn’t a lot out there on the VMP gen 3 for 03-04. I guess I’d really like to hear from the guys that went from the VMP 2.3 to the 2.65 (on 03-04). Are you happy with the 2.65? If you could have a redo, would you have gone a different route or kept your 2.3.

My car is a street only weekend fun car. Don’t ever plan on going to the track and don’t plan on hitting a dyno anytime soon. I rely on remote tunes and seat of the pants feel. With that said, guys that have a 2.65 gen 3 in a cobra. Does it feel good/pull hard down low?

I know there was a few cobra guys that made the switch to a 2.65 but not sure who? Only one I know for sure is @cj428mach since it’s in his sig. Any answers to any of the questions would be greatly appreciated.

I just put a gen 3 on my 03 cobra. made 793/719 stock compression and displacement

Andrew03SVT

Established Member
Go Twin Screw... Always go Twin Screw. They are more efficient than the Roots blower. A lot of reason you see numbers all over the place is people posting (STD) numbers which aren't corrected. Years ago no one cared about STD numbers only SAE.

ill have to disagree with you on this one. i made 120/130 more with the new gen3 over my 2.8 kenne bell with the same pulleys and nothing but a blower swap.

hostile500

Established Member

Andrew03SVT

Established Member
Dam I would of thought you would have plenty of air flow. But the reducers probably what’s getting you. I run the DD149 on my setup along with a Kenne Bell 168TB

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I’m gonna go to a 5.5 inch tube next year or something. I just got the car back together so I’m good for a while. Need to address the brakes first

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread