Where are the speed sensors located?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Anyone know if the speedo in these cars are ran off a speed sensor or internal calculations (based on engine RPM, gear ratios in trans and rear end, and tire diameter)?

Since I am running a staggered tire setup (255/40 front 275/40 rear) I need to know if the tire value I have in my tune is actually the correct one or if I need to average the two revs/mile values out.

Thanks

NickSezz

Established Member
Have a passenger sit next to you withe a smartphone and GPS app. Hold her steady and see if you speedo matches the GPS readout. Should be within 1-2mph.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Have a passenger sit next to you withe a smartphone and GPS app. Hold her steady and see if you speedo matches the GPS readout. Should be within 1-2mph.
I've done that with one of my apps, but I'd still like to know for sure.

It seems that my RPMs are running higher than I calculate they should be given my approximate tire OD/circumference. I would really have to measure to know for sure what the circumference of the tires really is, so I may go that route.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Im looking for the same thing, but I need the actual pin coming from the ecu for my boost controller. Anyone have a pinout?

Users who are viewing this thread