where are the fords at?

Rct851

Established Member
After years of browsing this site obsessively i had backed off over the last 18 months or so. Partially from other hobbies taking my time and partially realizing that lusting for things you cant responsibly afford can wear on you.

Now that i'm finding myself thinking about a new ride more and more I have started checking the pages more regularly and i can not ignore one thing in particular....Nobody seems to give a rats ass about the mustang stuff. Sure, there are topics and discussions etc. But the main focus is on Vipers, ZR1's, and MONEY MANAGEMENT (kill me).

do yall think the same? are we already apathetic about this new gt500?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
After years of browsing this site obsessively i had backed off over the last 18 months or so. Partially from other hobbies taking my time and partially realizing that lusting for things you cant responsibly afford can wear on you.

Now that i'm finding myself thinking about a new ride more and more I have started checking the pages more regularly and i can not ignore one thing in particular....Nobody seems to give a rats ass about the mustang stuff. Sure, there are topics and discussions etc. But the main focus is on Vipers, ZR1's, and MONEY MANAGEMENT (kill me).

Its more about entertainment these days. Unless you are currently looking for a mustang theres lots of options in the for sale section

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member

What variety of Mustang are you pursuing? The Terminator section of this forum is very active.
GT 500? It's alive too.
Market sections on both are full of cars for sale. Intermittent in my scope "exceptional" cars pop up.
If you're looking to buy, patience will land you a car.
If you're looking to read, several sections of this forum will lead you to vipers, zr1's and other things you mentioned.
The new 500? It's anyone's guess now, and for the last few years. And possibly for the next few.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Depends on where you go, 350 forum still has good discussion the R still has rave reviews comparable to cars 3 times as much.
Part is Ford fault. A ton of people lost interest when they said no more cars. Granted their trucks are badass!
Of the cars left you have the ST/RS line at $20k to the GT at $500k.

The problem is there only one choice in between being sold new.

jaxbusa

Established Member
What the op describes is exactly why I frequent this site. I like honest and multiple views on things. In life, and especially the car world, the on size fits all approach never works. Welcome back.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Recon

Established Member
I quite enjoy the discussions of the many different models of cars. Being the GT500 will probably come out while I’m dead, and Ford is entirely too hush hush about it. Meanwhile other brands are producing some really awesome cars; naturally they’ll be a topic of discussion for some people. I don’t believe in brand loyalty, because there’s just too many cool cars out there being made from multiple brands.

Pick your poison.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Because the dominant mustangs are coyotes. The GT500 cars have been left in the back burner. And again, this is SVTP, take your regular 5.0 mustang to stangnet or mustang corral...
is what some of the members used to say. :D

I try to post mustang specific videos, especially of the coyotes dominating the other brands.

o2gt

Established Member
I think part of it for me is cars have become so fast over the last several years, its all become normal. 700 plus HP is no longer a big deal stock, supercharge a 5.0 well pick your number. Its cool and something that I could not have thought possible when I started on this forum.

There is also so much info on everything some of the mystery of whats happening on the streets or car industry is lost.

I also think Ford has done a poor job with some new products they drag out new car launches build up tons of hype that seemly can't be met.

I still like coming to the sight just less for car related info.

Rct851

Established Member
I think part of it for me is cars have become so fast over the last several years, its all become normal. 700 plus HP is no longer a big deal stock, supercharge a 5.0 well pick your number. Its cool and something that I could not have thought possible when I started on this forum.

There is also so much info on everything some of the mystery of whats happening on the streets or car industry is lost.

I also think Ford has done a poor job with some new products they drag out new car launches build up tons of hype that seemly can't be met.

I still like coming to the sight just less for car related info.

That about sums up what I was thinking. So desensitized to everything.

The base gt stuff is so good that things don’t seem impressive until it gets reeeeeeaal expensive

Users who are viewing this thread