When you go 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and someone makes you look slow!

quad

Established Member
This 100%... I poured money into my 5.0s back in the late 80s early 90s... all that I got back was 12s... 11s and finally touched 10s.......... Then in 2006 I bought a stock Corvette (C6Z) that I ran my best ET in my life10.92 100% stock on drag radials..... today coyote 5.0s are a power adder away from 9s and just a bit more work to go even quicker....
Now imagine what the guy with his horse buggy 100 years ago had to do to keep up with a Model T!

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I feel old:

High school: Dude, that car runs 12's. That's insane!!!
In my 20's: Dude, that car runs 10's. That's radical!!!
In my 30'2: Dude, that car runs 9's. That's amazing!!!
In my (late) 40's: Dude, that car runs 7's. Crap I'm old

It *seems* so easy these days. You young whippersnappers don't realize how hard it was for us to run our Fox's into the 12's. 11's and you risked snapping your block in half. Exaggerating, of course. But still... A 7 second "street" car isn't that unbelievable these days.
Growing up if you had a 500hp car you were king of the streets, or even track for that matter. Now you can get a 800hp monster at the Dodge dealership with nothing more than a check.

Though I'm still sticking to my childhood dream of a 500+hp A-body. Going to go small block, iron head, stock hood though...with a little spray. Keep it stock looking just like back in my high school days.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I know people love to hate on electric cars, but i looked up the "performance" model of tesla, P85D, came out in what 2015/2016? Ran mid 11's at paltry 115mph. Fast forward 6 years, the Model S Plaid runs 9.01 @154mph.

I wonder how fast these cars will go by 2030? I'm pretty sure it will be heavily regulated by then, at that point we will have hacking devices/work arounds to defeat those and run something like 8 or 7 second times on the street. Absolute insanity.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
IMO it all started with 03 Cobra. A pulley and tune would practically demolished almost everything with a stock looking and sounding car.

Now you can get a family Ford SUV that'll run similar times with similar mods vs the 03/04 Cobra LOL

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe its because I'm a bottle and a half of wine into the evening, but shouldn't a ZL1 that runs 10.80 trap close to 127-130. PDR off as it never got over 116?
Probably figured "What's the point?" and decided to save it for somebody without a hyperspace drive under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread