When Will We See The First "Got It At Sticker Post?

oldmodman

Established Member
As the header said. When the first 03 Cobras hit the market most dealers were making up from 10 to 30 per cent. After the first thousand were sold the prices drifted down to list and below. Now of course they are thousands below sticker.
Will the same thing happen with the GT? And before you say of course not look what happened with the Porsche Twin Turbo prices. The first couple of years they were 10 to 30 thousand over sticker and now the market is "flooded" with new and used Turbos.
Yet there are still some Ford dealers trying to get way over sticker for the "hard to get" Mystichrome. Other are going for two to three thousand off sticker. Just depends on location.
Now obviously the GT is not a Cobra and their numbers will be far fewer, but...
Whats your take on future pricing?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
My take is it's rediculous that Ford has decided to only produce 1,500 of them each year. Because that's what might just keep the usual selling price more than 50K over the sticker price. I've heard all kinds of contrasting stories about what the production #'s will be, and especially about how many years that Ford will produce the GT. One source states that it will be only for 3 years and then they're finished. While someone alse stated that on a television car show some major big Ford executive stated that as long as people want the GT, Ford will continue to produce it. So who knows what the real story is, or will be?

All is I know is that they don't have to restrict production #'s of a car to a mere 1,500 in order to keep the car exclusive. There have been lesser cars that have seen production #'s as high as 7,000 per year and you don't see one on every corner like you do w/Mustangs. A perfect example is the Marauder. I realize that Marauders cannot compare to the GT, but my point is that it's rare that you ever see one on the street unless your neighbor happens to own one. And their production #'s were about 7,000 per year for two years. So even if Ford produced four times the number of GT's that they're expected to, you still wouldn't see a lot of them on the street, and their owners would still be able to enjoy the fact that they own a rare car, and one that turns heads where ever they drive it. And the price gouging by dealers would then likely be halted. But it's gotta make you wonder if that's what Ford really wants. Perhaps there's some reason why Ford is perfectly content w/dealer price gouging.

Last edited:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
i dont think it will happen. more like "who bought it under 300k"

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by bbp42d
i dont think it will happen. more like "who bought it under 300k"

As long as Ford only produces merely 1,500 of them per year, then I agree w/you.

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
You will be able to get them for Sticker in about a year. When the BMW Z8s came out people wanted 100,000-200,000 over MSRP. My dad waited a year and got one for about 25,000 over MSRP. The Z8 was the car to have when it came out and they only made 400 units a year, the GT will be the same way, give it 12-18 months and you will see "close" to sticker posts. If you were able to wait the 2-3years for Ford to build it, then you can wait another year to get one. Once the self-indulgent weiners of the world get theirs the demand for the cars will fall, and the people who will only pay a little over MSRP for them will have a chance at getting one.

Bosko

Established Member
I was at Galpin Ford the other day drooling over the GT. I was talking to one of the guys there and he said Jay Leno and Kevin Cosiner (spell) were sold their GTs for Sticker...

Cobra-R

Established Member
The prices will drop like a rock over the next couple years unless something drastic happens (like ford cuts production after a year or so). 4000+ $150,000 cars is alot of cars to sell to a very limited market.

I remember hearing the same stories about the 03 Cobra's and the 00 Cobra R's, very different cars I agree, but they dropped in price and the GT will drop as well. It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the Gt's production that a person will be able to buy them at less then sticker.

Brian

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Cobra-R said:
It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the Gt's production that a person will be able to buy them at less then sticker.

Brian

I like how you think!!! :thumbsup: :coolman:

But you have to stick with the nanner when I get my GT!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rezcobra

Established Member
The DBK said:
I know 4 people in Detroit that bought theirs at sticker. It can be done.

And I know 1 guy in Farmington, NM ordered 1 and got it for 100,000 over sticker!!! He offered that amount to guarantee he got one. I quess people with more money than brains are ..... lucky!!!!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
They're going to make them up until 2007. I don't know if it'll ever be at sticker but it'll start going down next production year.

Yep. People I know that want them now are waiting till 07 models hit.

For more reasons than the over-sticker gouging...

Users who are viewing this thread