When will be the time to pull the trigger on building your car

Adower

Established Member
With the move to electric vehicles by 2035, when do you think it will be the time to pull the trigger on modding your car? I am assuming that nearing that time frame companies will start to phase out ICE motor parts. What do y'all think?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Aftermarket is going to be around until the end because that is what they do for a living and there are going to be millions of hold-outs during the push for electric vehicles, and ICE will never truly go away until we all die off. Automakers will also continue to support ICE powered vehicles for decades to come because it would be a nightmare for them if they abandoned a huge subset of their buyers by not being able to service their vehicles.

Recon

Established Member
As huge as this business is it would take a long time for ICE to be phased out. A big part of the progression would be the pressure from the government and epa. Electric vehicles aren’t for me, and never will be, ever. After I get another daily, I’m going to finish my Mach and start modding the others in the stable.

Pick your poison.

Kornilov

Established Member
With the move to electric vehicles by 2035...

Lol.

I lolled, but then realized you live in gavin newsome's rectum. California leftists can eat an aids infested donkey ****.

There are 2.5 Billion screaming Chinamen and Indians on the planet. Not a single one of them has any intention of driving an electric dildo. Every day, these mother****ers acquire more and more purchasing power. Do you think the major automakers are going to slit their own throat to satisfy a bunch of faggots in CA and Europe?

The automakers are virtue signaling right now and spreading their ass cheeks far and wide because leftists are in power. But when it comes time to actually maintain their businesses, they wont be able to do it on electric vehicles alone. They will be producing ICE vehicles for decades to come.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I doubt we will ever see the end of ICE. Especially not here in this country. Why? It will take a century to go through and upgrade the ENTIRE electrical grid to RELIABLY supply the power for automobiles through a cable that liquid hydrocarbon provides.

Certain pockets in this country can rapidly switch. The average persone doesnt give a **** about electric cars. Also, when EVERYONE see's their power bill skyrocket there will be a mighty reckoning.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt we will ever see the end of ICE. Especially not here in this country. Why? It will take a century to go through and upgrade the ENTIRE electrical grid to RELIABLY supply the power for automobiles through a cable that liquid hydrocarbon provides.

Certain pockets in this country can rapidly switch. The average persone doesnt give a **** about electric cars. Also, when EVERYONE see's their power bill skyrocket there will be a mighty reckoning.

California can’t handle their current electrical grid load and has banned all new ICE sales after what, 2035? I could be wrong on the year. Also, California, I believe, has a ban on new power plants. They don’t give a **** that they have no working plan.

“At least I didn’t get tased for not wearing a seatbelt.” - George Floyd

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The automakers are virtue signaling right now and spreading their ass cheeks far and wide because leftists are in power. But when it comes time to actually maintain their businesses, they wont be able to do it on electric vehicles alone. They will be producing ICE vehicles for decades to come.
coool story, bro

Pretty much every automaker announced they will be phasing out ICE vehicles. It is over. If someone wants an awesome high performance vehicle brand new, now is pretty much the time to buy. I put my money where my mouth is and ordered a new '22 ZL1 1LE. What are you buying?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Modding / plans for mods start the day my order is placed, waiting for delivery is a great time to buy parts..

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Can't do anything to the car till I pay it off. (Not entirely true as I am two years ahead on payments, but I do want to pay it off ASAP.)
I also have been looking at new daily drivers the last couple of months. I don't need a new DD, but I think I may go away from the trucks and order a car as the DD.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Despite what the electric fanboi cucks say ICE isn't going away anytime soon. I've said this a 1000 times but I'll say again. Anyone that thinks we will have a significant transfer of the US fleet to electric in the near future is ignorant to the condition of the current grid, our output capacity, and what it would take to upgrade it for even a marginal increase.

Facts: We are still working on and in many cases just starting Obama's "shovel ready" projects.

It takes close to 10 years to bring a new powerplant online from conception to generation. And that's if there aren't too many lawsuits and migrations of spotted bog turtles or whatever.
Examples
The Scudders Falls I-95 bridge was delayed 5 years because soon local loon's claimed they found some arrow heads and had to complete an archaeological study of the proposed area where the existing bridge already stood.

The Penn-East pipeline has been delayed going on 8 years due to environmentalists endless law suits.
Imagine what would entail when a new fossil fuel or nuke power plant is being proposed.

Solar, wind, and other "green" energy is a joke and an unrealistic option. Granted I am considering getting solar and some batteries because the other reality of this green fallacy is rationed consumption.

Another thing no one talks about because they're stupid is lithium is a finite resource with it's own ecological impacts. What do you think is going to happen to the price of lithium when mass production starts? It's going impact the cost bigly. And who owns most of the lithium mines.

Kornilov

Established Member
coool story, bro

Pretty much every automaker announced they will be phasing out ICE vehicles. It is over. If someone wants an awesome high performance vehicle brand new, now is pretty much the time to buy. I put my money where my mouth is and ordered a new '22 ZL1 1LE. What are you buying?

Does anything come out of Canada other than insufferable ass eaters?

If the major auto makers phase out ICE vehicles they will go out of business. Period.

**** Western Europe,
**** Canada (and Trudeau)
**** the blue states (and Xiden)
and **** faggots that advocate for electric cars

The fact remains that battery powered electric vehicles are inefficient, costly, and just as bad if not worse for the environment than ICE vehicles. There is a reason the globalist elite want you to drive EVs and its not because of the goodness of their hearts.

Kornilov

Established Member
Literally, the only parts of the globe that are breathlessly spreading their ass cheeks for EVS are Canada, Western europe, and the blue state of the US. Asia, Africa, and Eastern Europe encompass about 6 billion of the 7 billion of the world's population and are going to make up an ever increasing share of the automotive market over the next 30-50 years. 98% of that part of the world cannot support EVs with their decrepit infrastructure.

Users who are viewing this thread