When it Rains. It Pours.

AnarchyVA

Established Member
About 1.5 months ago, to keep the miles off of my Cobra, I bought a 2004 Nissan Xterra. Its in good shape but at 105,000 miles its got a few things to address. Which has taken all of my every weekend. I've been putting most of my free money and time into this truck.

So of course the Cobra decides to act up. Throw out bearing? Why not go bad now? Front end? Let's start clicking when the wheels are turned. Drivers side window? Let's randomly decide to work. CEL? Lets turn on (O2 sensor).

I went from one reliable car to two pains in the asses.

On the window issue...I bought the car with 24,000 miles on it. When I bought it this window didn't work. The dealer took apart the door panel and did a few things to get it to work. It worked fine for about a year. Then one day it acted up on the way to work. It wouldn't go down. Then almost home it decided to work again. It worked flawlessly for a few months and again yesterday it did the same thing. Would not roll down. Today...it works fine. Any idea what this is? Seeme like if it were a motor that it would just not work. Period. But its very random. And most of the time it woks just fine.

zredfire04

Established Member
my window stopped going down the other day too.

did some research and found that this is a common issue. what worked for me was holding the window down button and slamming the shit out of the door. window does up and down like a champ now.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
my window stopped going down the other day too.

did some research and found that this is a common issue. what worked for me was holding the window down button and slamming the shit out of the door. window does up and down like a champ now.
On the driver's side door... Open it, hold the window button with your right hand, not your left, then smack the bottom of the inside of the door with the heel of your left hand.

For passenger side, just do the reverse. Hold the window button with your left hand, and smack the inside bottom of the passenger side with the heel of your right hand.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
A window motor can act up when it wants to. The brushes start sticking. You can pull the motor apart and clean it up. I did that and j5 worked for a while. In the end I swapped motors and everything had been good since.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I have replaced two or three window motors on a few GM cars that my kids owned. I'd find the part on Amazon or eBay for $35-50, then go watch a youtube video. Bing, bang, boom. Done.

Users who are viewing this thread