When converting your 03 to an 01 for turbo...

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
First let me say sorry for posting all these questions, but I am trying to get a solid understanding of all this.

Im looking over this thread right here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/526574-03-04-eaton-blower-99-01-a.html

Is it necessary to swap all the things listed on that page?

The power steering lines, throttle cables, oil cooler?

As for the alternator, are they both the same amount of wires? Just cut and reattach the new pigtail?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Speaking from a custom kit, all I swaped was the upper/lower intake, alternator, t b cable, coolant cross over.

Hellion has the list of 01 parts you will need for the swap. The alternator harness from the 01 has two wires ours has three. One gets left out but can't remember which one. I can look when I get home.

I kept my oil cooler, timing cover and the power steering lines just massaged them (but have not seen many mount a 76 in the bumper).

It definately takes more parts to go eaton then for us to just go turbo.

Last edited:

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Speaking from a custom kit, all I swaped was the upper/lower intake, alternator, t b cable, coolant cross over.

The alternator harness from the 01 has two wires ours has three. One gets left out but can't remember which one.

The middle wire :beer:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I guess that is primarily determined by which kit you're going with.

I had to switch A LOT of Terminator parts for the HPP kit.

'01 Cobra Intake Manifold, '01 Cobra Coolant Crossover Tube, '01 Cobra Accelerator & Cruise Cable, '01 Cobra Accelerator Bracket, '01 Cobra Throttle Body, '01 Cobra Alternator Bracket & Alternator, '01 Cobra Timing Chain Cover & Pulley's, '01 Cobra Harmonic Balancer, '01 Cobra A/C Unit

And this doesn't take into consideration that custom brackets and lines that the HPP kit comes with.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Damn you had to change the AC? I am going with a custom kit, but if I had a donor 01 cobra that wanted to go eaton what all is needed for the complete swap over? So far I am seeing

Balancer
Timing cover with all pulleys and belt
Alternator and pigtail
Upper and lower intake manifold
Throttle body
complete intakes
throttle cables

Is it mandatory to swap oil coolers and power steering lines for the eaton to work on an 01?

Last edited:

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Damn you had to change the AC? I am going with a custom kit, but if I had a donor 01 cobra that wanted to go eaton what all is needed for the complete swap over? So far I am seeing

Balancer
Timing cover with all pulleys and belt
Alternator and pigtail
Upper and lower intake manifold
Throttle body
complete intakes
throttle cables

Is it mandatory to swap oil coolers and power steering lines for the eaton to work on an 01?
What kit are you going with?

Alb Cobra

Established Member
You shouldn't have to replace your balancer and timing cover. Since it is a custom kit work you way around what you got.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Also why is the third alternator wire not connected to anything? What does that wire do for the 03 04 cars?

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Would the person doing the eaton swap require those parts though?

Yeah but that is not your problem it is not absolutely requried unless you want to take it off and swap the part with someone. The middle wire is a second source of power/ground can't remember which but it does not need to be connected. I don't have mine connected.

ssvvtt

Established Member
im getting his eaton set up just trying to make sure we get everything shipped thats needed for the swaps on both ends.
eaton to 01
01 to eaton

Users who are viewing this thread