When are they comming?

Rob03

Established Member
They will start building this month and next. Hopefully some will be delivered the end of this month but I wouldn't hold my breath. More likely May-June for delivery. Just my opinion and guess.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Rob03

Established Member
Berke, Thanks for the info. Is it reliable? When did you place your order? Mine was placed 2-7-02 for a Zinc Yellow coupe.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Flamethrower

Established Member
According to Tom Scarpello, who came to the SCMC chat room last week, the 03 will be out in June. They will start production in May and it will be a long production year. Probably about 10- 12 thousand units. A full detailed chat to come out in our newsletter, Snakebite.

Flamethrower
www.svtcobraclub.com

Black Cobra

Established Member
I can't find the website where I saw this Job 1 date...but I mentioned it to a dealer who said that he thought Job 1 was in April. After taking my order, he sent the following e-mail the next day.

Dated 03/04/2002
David—

You are correct—

Job 1 is May 6,2002 so far..

Your Order number is 2152

Thank you for your Business

Bob Haines
Internet & Fleet Manager
Adamson Ford

BTW, don't do business with this dealership located in Birmingham Al. The day after this, the dealer emailed me, breaking the contract I had with them to get the '03 at MSRP. This dealership plans to sell the '03 for 5K over MSRP Internet and 10K over MSRP for walkin traffic. He mailed my $500 deposit back about a week later. Perhaps we should start a Bad Dealer thread.

Last edited:

cobra 829

Established Member
IT SHOULD TAKE THEM 4 OR 5 DAYS TO BUILD THEM. THEY CAN BUILD 800 A DAY 2 SHIFTS THEY ARE ONLY BUILDING 3000 FIRST. 10000 IN AUGUST. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY O1 COBRA WHERE BUILT MY ORDER NUMBER IS 1353 I CAN WAIT TO SEE IT GET BUILT. I WILL BE THERE WATCH THEM BUILD IT THATS THE GOOD THING ABOUT WORKING AT FORD......:):beer: :burnout:

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
How did you guys get your production number for the new cobra? And did you guys get the new brochures or what? My dealer keeps telling me that they are not in yet, whatever.

Black Cobra

Established Member
How did you guys get your production number for the new cobra?

These weren't the production numbers, just the dealer's order number. The dealer I currently have an order with, changed one of their "dealer stock" orders that they had already placed, to a "customer order" and put my name on it. He said that "customer" orders take priority over "dealer stock" orders. Also, some colors are not available until later on. While the order number may have some influence on what production number you end up with, there are other factors involved.

If anyone knows how the order that the cobras are produced is determined, It would be interesting to know.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

On the brochures...I have the PDF version that can be downloaded from svt.ford.com. It doesn't have any performance or fuel economy number in it. I guess the "new" version would.

Last edited:

01SVTman

Twisty ability!
Established Member
'01 Cobra production numbers are almost one half of the total units projected for the '03. This may help hold our value up a little.
'01 Cobra production ... Coupes = 3867 .... 'Verts = 3384 ... Total = 7251 units.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Okay, I called Ford SVT and talked to a very nice man named Andrew.

He told me that the Job 1 date will be in May and we won't know that date until Late April...

Man...

Talk about pent up frustration... geez I dated Catholic chicks that didn't make me wait so long....

:whine: :whine: :whine: :cryying: :whine: :whine: :whine:

Black Cobra

Established Member
The Brochure is a tad over 9mb. Right click on the link below and choose "save target as".

Update /04/06/02 - This link has been removed. You will find a working svt.ford.com link a little further down.

Last edited:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
:rollseyes Your not waiting long! I waited over 1 1/2 years till my 2000, I mean 2001 was made. It will be well worth the wait.

Tim;-)

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
Black Cobra...

I would be pissed off if they took your order and then they backed out. I have one on order at $1000 over MSRP and I have worried about this happening since all the dealers in Atlanta are currently taking orders at $5000 over MSRP.

Did you get it in writing or by email that you would get it at MSRP?

I would be making a call to the BBB.......

Black Cobra

Established Member
For those who were having problems downloading the 2003 Cobra Brochure from svt.ford.com, I just remembered how I got it. I went into notpad and created an HTM with the link to the brochure. Saved it, ran it, then right clicked on the link and did the "save target as" thing.

Here is the svt.ford.com link for the brochure
(Right Click and choose "save target as")
http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/svt_pdf/SVTCobra_brochure.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread