• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

when are orders being placed, MSRP possible?

Discussion in '2020+ Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by mobius, Apr 28, 2019.

1. paluka21

paluka21 Well-Known Member Established Member

It's pretty early in the process of ownership, but once I put a few more hundred miles on the car I plan to write up a subjective comparison in the Road Side Pub.
    Initial impression is that I thoroughly enjoy the removable roof. It is like having the best of both worlds; hard top and convertible.

2. LostM

LostM Well-Known Member Established Member

There are multiple ways to offset the cost, its not just about a "$1000" car payment. Its also how can I bring in more $ to OFFSET that car payment. If your say OK with a 700/mo payment, then all you need to do is figure out how to bring in 300 more per month.. pick up a few extra shifts, do some sidework in whatever you are good/decent at, downgrade your cable and cell phone bills ect

ON D BIT and PIPO like this.
  3. 03Cobra05GT

03Cobra05GT Well-Known Member Established Member

Just got word order banks are supposed to open end of next week!

4. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

How are only a select few reps being told this while the bulk are not? All with the order guide yet to be released?

5. 03Cobra05GT

That's a really good question. All I know is the dealer I have an agreement with contacted me today and stated that they were contacted by their Ford rep and order banks are supposed to open towards the end of next week. Granted, I guess it could be incorrect info. Just passing along what I've been told.

6. noco5.0

noco5.0 Active Member Established Member

My wife and I both do well and drive three newer vehicles including my Challenger Hellcat. I put a lot of money into retirement as well. The key for me is living in an affordable house. I got lucky and bought at a good time (both house and car). We also don't take a bunch of expensive vacations or spend money on things like golf. We eat out about 1-2 times per week but not at overly expensive places. It's really about choices for most people. I could swing a GT500 if I wanted to get rid of the Hellcat, but it honestly doesn't do much for me. I'm pretty much focused on just paying the Hellcat off in the next 18 months or so and being done with car payments for awhile. I think guys that have to own the latest and greatest and buy at above sticker tend to always be upside down on vehicles. Saw your other post and that daycare bill is a killer been there done that glad that is behind us.

7. LostM

LostM Well-Known Member Established Member

Sort of same info, talked to my guy, he hadnt seen anything as of earlier today, but will check in the morning.

But, a good friend in Long Island is getting one, hit me up today and said gis dealer called him and said to come in tomorrow, didnt guve specifics, so something is happening

8. 03Cobra05GT

Good, I hope the info is accurate then. I'm certainly excited to officially get the order in next week if that is the case. Obviously, if I hear anything else from my dealer, I'll throw it up here, but yea for now, that's all I was told.

9. verbal

verbal Active Member Established Member

This should be an interesting conversation. Does Ford just expect customers to come in and order cars with no pricing and a confirmed options list? There is no configurator on the Ford website, no reviews, etc.

13COBRA and DepWraith like this.
  10. Snoopy49

Snoopy49 Well-Known Member Established Member

I imagine the build and price option will show up on Ford website about the same time as the order guide.

If the 2013 GT500 order guide is used as an example, there won't be any pricing listed.

2013 GT500 Order Guide 2.pdf

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  11. 427Windsorman

427Windsorman Currently between Fords Established Member

When I purchased my 2003 Cobra I found a few dealerships doing MSRP despite the majority doing ADM's of up to 30K over. You just need to look around and be willing to travel if need be to get the car. I imagine there are still some dealerships that refuse to mark up like the ones I found back in the day.

12. 03Cobra05GT

This is completely accurate. Believe it or not, there are still some decent dealers out there. But travel is generally key in my experience. Personally, I have to fly out to where I'm getting my 2020 for that exact reason. Unable to find any in my area willing to do MSRP.

13. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

In short, yep.

Rjay likes this.
  14. Cman01

Cman01 hello Established Member

I totally understand the adventure and all, for some of you if you have to purchase your car a fair distance away from your local area (meaning travel to get that MSRP deal or better), but is it worth it sometimes??

Say local dealer to you has a $5K ADM on the price of this car, you search and find one on the other side of the country from a dealer @ MSRP. With travelling (including transport costs, car rental, fuel, hotel stays, food etc etc) + getting the car home (either driving or trailering it back either via transport company or you with the car trailering it home then again add fuel, hotel, food etc etc) would it be better to just pay the $5K ADM instead???

Obviously if the ADM is stupid then by all means travel away (I would), BTW for my Trinity when I bought it new all dealers near me was ADM but a dealer on the other side of Toronto gave me $3K off when I did my order so I was happy with that. I travelled to Alberta to buy my Z06 new at a dealer there got a great deal there (financial crisis hitting everybody around that time didn't hurt in my case) and I shipped my car home via transport company...…………..still saved a ton.

Tony

15. 03Cobra05GT

I do get what you're saying, and yea that would be a consideration. But I guess maybe I should have been a little more clear. I'm not traveling THAT far lol. I could technically drive there, but at a bit over a 6.5-hour drive, I'd rather not. Fly there, drive back. For me, it's maybe $500-$700 depending on flights at that time and whatever this thing ends up getting on gas.

16. Wilson & Co

Wilson & Co SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire Established Member

I had a 5k adm deal 1.5hrs away. Got a msrp deal 17hrs away and jumped on it.

Will cost me 1k maybe.

Well worth it for me to support a dealer that does business this way.

Free hotel using points and I own a truck and trailer.

It's an experience that's part of the journey!

17. 13COBRA

AND we'll get to eat some yummy BBQ!

02GTKB likes this.
  18. ON D BIT

ON D BIT Finish First Established Member

Kaneda wants to purchase at msrp. Says it sucks having a car that can’t race or turn.

LostM and PhoenixM3 like this.
  19. 13COBRA

I wouldn't sell one to @Kaneda at any number.

20. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

But what if he cracks open the wallet and says...

7819e0d8992af49b7892654d8ec9fa8f6020cf99c67e0ecd1e4f6e1ce97f24a2.jpg

ON D BIT likes this.