when are orders being placed, MSRP possible?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And dealer announcement.
080e5b7d8935d4b30518f118a181ef8a.jpg

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
You sort of missed the boat on the point I was trying to make.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
I promise I did not miss the point. You used the GT as an example of how they should sell them. My point is, even if they sold the 500 like that your chances are even more slim of getting one.

Finite supply, lots of demand, no matter how you roll the dice not everyone will be happy so why not let capitalism do it's job. Thats facts and theres no two ways about it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick, do you expect two get at least 2 GT500's but maybe only 1 GT350?

The letter states that EVERY dealership will only receive 1 of each for the MY20, then with additional units being allocated based on sales volume. I'm just counting on one of each, then I will reach out to some of the dealers that I purchased allocation for before, and try to buy their's as well.

conceptmachine

Established Member
The letter states that EVERY dealership will only receive 1 of each for the MY20, then with additional units being allocated based on sales volume. I'm just counting on one of each, then I will reach out to some of the dealers that I purchased allocation for before, and try to buy their's as well.

Do you know how the 25% track pack models will be allocated? Same as the prior year GT350R's or will it be first come first serve, until all 25% are ordered?
Thanks for any info. My dealer doesn't have a clue as to how they will do this yet.

Grey03

Established Member
I just put down a deposit for a GT500 at MSRP. I have bought a couple of cars from them and my salesman told me a while back that they sell all "special" vehicles, Raptor, GT350, Focus RS, GT500 at sticker or less. He was correct.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I just put down a deposit for a GT500 at MSRP. I have bought a couple of cars from them and my salesman told me a while back that they sell all "special" vehicles, Raptor, GT350, Focus RS, GT500 at sticker or less. He was correct.
Awesome! The way it should be, these dealers receive great respect in my eyes doing the correct thing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you know how the 25% track pack models will be allocated? Same as the prior year GT350R's or will it be first come first serve, until all 25% are ordered?
Thanks for any info. My dealer doesn't have a clue as to how they will do this yet.

Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

wildwill532

Established Member
I'm curious... I do ok for myself I'm 32yrs old. I make around 130k with my bonuses, I have 2 pensions that are building up, I've got a 401k that I put into with company match as well. With a family and spouse that works how the hell do you buy a 80-90k car... I know in the big picture I don't make much but how can people make the 1k+ a month payments.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PIPO

Established Member
With a family and spouse that works how the hell do you buy a 80-90k car... I know in the big picture I don't make much but how can people make the 1k+ a month payments.

If you can afford it, a $1k monthly payment isn't much...if you can't "afford it on paper", my case, you put down a big down-payment.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I'm curious... I do ok for myself I'm 32yrs old. I make around 130k with my bonuses, I have 2 pensions that are building up, I've got a 401k that I put into with company match as well. With a family and spouse that works how the hell do you buy a 80-90k car... I know in the big picture I don't make much but how can people make the 1k+ a month payments.

where does your 130K go? are you living in a 1M+ home? when no debt its easy afford these cars. you basically just need a McDonalds job

wildwill532

Established Member
where does your 130K go? are you living in a 1M+ home? when no debt its easy afford these cars. you basically just need a McDonalds job
House payment and the wife's student loans that hopefully will be paid off this time next year. Our vehicles are paid for, we pay the credit card off each month, use it for the 3% cash back. I do pay more into retirement for the railroad (we don't pay into social security) and was doing 17% into my 401k. I guess the biggest thing is 1200$ a month for her student loans and 1000$ for day care. That would more than cover a car payment.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Sounds like you're doing well with retirement in mind. One day you'll be driving your camper down the road with the GT500 behind it.
You know what you're doing. wont be long and the debt will be gone and you'll be wondering where you wanna put the extra money.

paluka21

Established Member

He could also be a lot like me and have expensive habits; I / we typically spend $500 +/- a month eating out, plus bare minimum $1,000 a month on groceries. I make a healthy salary but I am also a single income earner but tend to balance out things very well..Enough so that I just purchased a new 2019 Z06 and depending on the 2021 model of the GT500, may keep my opinions open on a trade in 1.5 years or so.

boosted281

Established Member
I work for the railroad also, paying into tier 1 and 2 as well as 401k and buying company stock every payday definitely has lessened the “free” monthly income but where there’s a will there’s a way and my car payment will be made by eating out less. My families monthly eating out is to an embarrassing level, to the point my previous income as a fireman wouldn’t have even covered it. That’s my plan anyway, fingers crossed!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
He could also be a lot like me and have expensive habits; I / we typically spend $500 +/- a month eating out, plus bare minimum $1,000 a month on groceries. I make a healthy salary but I am also a single income earner but tend to balance out things very well..Enough so that I just purchased a new 2019 Z06 and depending on the 2021 model of the GT500, may keep my opinions open on a trade in 1.5 years or so.
Traded the 500 for a Z06 eh?
Impressions? Comparisons?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread