• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

when are orders being placed, MSRP possible?

Discussion in '2020+ Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by mobius, Apr 28, 2019.

1. mobius

mobius CDM 2009 Established Member

Hey I am considering the GT500. any idea when Orders will be accepted and any ideas if MSRP will be possible?

2. sono

sono Active Member Established Member

My local guy indicated the dealer expects to make up their losses on them. I.E premiums 10k plus.

I said the hell with it and will wait and see like the rest of us.

me32 likes this.
  3. mobius

mobius CDM 2009 Established Member

once prices are announced I will call around see what I can find. I will not pay over MSRP so may have to wait a while...

PowerWheels likes this.
  4. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

I asked Nick a couple of days ago and he pretty much intimated its all quiet on the western front. An announcement is expected soon though...

5. 02GTKB

02GTKB Nolimits Established Member

I wish a strike or protest was put up against the dealers asking ADM. Let them sit and somehow have Ford force their hand in a way. But getting all potential customers not bite the apple is impossible I know. But many today need to have it and will pay anything for it, results in the dealer knowing this and will continue markups from here on out. Sad reality.

mysticsvt likes this.
  6. LostM

LostM Well-Known Member Established Member

Im happily paying what i feel the car is worth to me, which is over msrp

rwleonard and 5.2Leader like this.
  7. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Then why are you asking.
    Brand new car will get a mark up unless you know a guy.

LostM likes this.
  8. 02GTKB

This thinking should only be applied to buying a used vehicle, not brand new that the manufacturer sets the price of what it is "really" worth. But like I said in my other posts, it like you and many others who continue to feed the greed train with the dealers as they know it will sell at whatever price is set. No car is worth more than MSRP. Good example is the 350r, I said it over a year ago to many of those who paid crazy markups just to have it, and now look what you get them for lol. Hate to loose $30-$50k as the dealer makes out like kings. Guess some have more money than brains.

9. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

I feel like I would do the same... as much as it irritates me.

However, since we don't know MSRP, how do you know if the ADM you are going to pay is really "worth it to you?"

10. Snoopy49

Snoopy49 Well-Known Member Established Member

It will be interesting to see how many people decide to send their 2020 GT500 to Shelby for the Super Snake upgrade. A fully loaded 2013-14 GT500 Super Snake was $160,000 including the purchase price.

Softballer77 and me32 like this.
  11. Softballer77

Softballer77 Active Member Established Member

I think you could keep the 13/14 Super Snake upgrade around the $50-$60k mark on average. (I've built it a few times over the years on their site). I'll be curious to see how the 2020 Super Snake upgrade will be like though. Of course, that's step 1308, and I'm still on 2. lol.

12. Ohio Snake

Ohio Snake Well-Known Member Established Member

Based on the few dealerships I’ve talked to, all will have ADM initially. Whether the ADM is adjusted or removed depends on demand and ultimate sale for the car.
    I will not pay ADM for a car no matter how bad I want it. That is the deal killer.
    I cant justify any reason to pay a dealer more the MSRP on a depreciating asset.
    I think I’ll wait to see the new GT500 finalized specs, performance results, production numbers and feedback then determine if I want the car. Just like past GT500 values, waiting may result in a MSRP or below price or buy used with very low mileage and excellent condition or keep my ‘12.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DepWraith and me32 like this.
  13. bdub85

bdub85 Member Established Member

Same here. They will make plenty of these cars, so there won't be an issue getting one at sticker. The question will be how long it will take to get one at sticker. I don't mind waiting.

DepWraith, me32 and biminiLX like this.
  14. TFStang

TFStang Well-Known Member Established Member

Plenty of dealers sold Demons at MSRP. Hopefully there are some Ford dealers that will do the same for the GT500.

15. LostM

LostM Well-Known Member Established Member

that thinking is for people that based their decision on needs vs wants vs ability.

MSRP has nothing to do with you. its a statement from ford to the dealer, that your allowed to see. its suggested, thats it. what you call greed, is capitalism, and it only irritates you if the price for the object is beyond your reach.

and normal guys dont get $ without brains.. so, take solice in the fact im getting one, and then you can live vicariously through me, free

I have a signed contract and $ down on msrp+ options+5k, not to exceed $87k in total.

16. 02GTKB

And you right, in no way am I saying you can not pay what you want. My post was based on an opinion and thought of what could happen if people stopped the adm.

This car is not beyond my reach at all so your comment is irrelevant. I already attempted to secure this car locally at MSRP, but someone else is getting it before I am. I even am thinking of getting a ZR1 which there is 2 local in the showrooms near me. So therefore I will wait instead of giving extra money away for no reason. But if your happy with paying over sticker so be it.

17. Papaw

Papaw Well-Known Member Established Member

To clarify, the MSRP isn't just a statement between the manufacturer and dealer that we are allowed to see. They are mandated for all new cars by the FTC.

me32 and gimmie11s like this.
  18. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

Very nice, and smart move.

19. blk02edge

blk02edge Well-Known Member Established Member

In total after tax? If so I think the assumed msrp is a little unrealistic for a loaded track pack car

20. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

More and more the "Handling package" car is appealing to me. The carbon wheels make little sense for me and I don't need the worry while car is new nor when it comes to have the tires on them changed. My plan has been for a custom wheel all along anyway. The CF Track Package wing appeals to me but I'm not averse to the wing on the Handling Package car with the Gurney Flap installed either.

Really just looking forward to viewing the pricing schedule and seeing how much of a jump it is from the Handling Package to the CF Track Package.

me32 likes this.