Wheels!

CobraKai

Established Member
I want to put my nice LS wheels on the shelf and drive around on some aftermarkets. I really like these RTR tech 7 wheels at Americanmuscle.com

384242G05.jpeg

http://www.americanmuscle.com/darkcharcoalrtrtech7-19in95-914-nittoinvo-stag.html

I shouldn't have any fitment issues with these right? They are .5 inches wider. I am planning on doing the LMR springs to drop the car as well. Any thoughts?

jeff

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
They should work just fine......that's a good looking wheel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Just make sure they clear the brembo's

KBBoss302

Established Member
Those sizes and offsets should work fine. I personally would run 285/35/19 up front and 305/35/19 MPSS tires with those size wheels. I know that some people really like the Invo but it's not an out-and-out performance tire.

Just FYI I am running 20x10.5 wheels at all 4 corners with 285/30/20 and 295/30/20 MPSS and am lowered on coilovers. I find that the problem with 19s is that it is hard finding decent 27" diameter tires in the right (fat) widths. I did run 19x10s with 285/35/19s at all 4 corners for a while and was happy with that.

CobraKai

Established Member
Those sizes and offsets should work fine. I personally would run 285/35/19 up front and 305/35/19 MPSS tires with those size wheels. I know that some people really like the Invo but it's not an out-and-out performance tire.

Hey KBBoss302, thanks for the input. I am hoping that the Invos will be an all around tire for just regular street driving. I'm not going to do anything crazy in the Boss and I have the original wheels with the P-zero R compound tires if I ever do a track day. Do you think the Invo's will be okay for that? I've never used them before but was hoping since AM had the package that they were pretty decent.

KBBoss302

Established Member
I have no firsthand experience with them, but for a street tire they should be absolutely fine. Heck, a friend of mine did a track day in his 997 Carrera S a few years ago with them and didnt crash so they are probably fine for most driving.

I just think these cars need more front tire grip/width than OE PZ Corsas provided (even on the street) and if you are spending the money to upgrade, you should go big or go home!

Good luck!

John

CobraKai

Established Member
I have no firsthand experience with them, but for a street tire they should be absolutely fine. Heck, a friend of mine did a track day in his 997 Carrera S a few years ago with them and didnt crash so they are probably fine for most driving.

I just think these cars need more front tire grip/width than OE PZ Corsas provided (even on the street) and if you are spending the money to upgrade, you should go big or go home!

Good luck!

John

Cool! Thanks! I feel bad not planning to do much track stuff with this car, but I have an S2000 to beat up and even that is more car than I can currently handle. I want to keep the boss clean and just enjoy ripping around town and maybe a couple of road trips!

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Heck yeah.....what he said!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread