Wheels - FWD/RWD

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
I had purchased a multi-year alignment program from King Tire (NTB, King, Merchant) and I was in their shop on Saturday while I was waiting for my balance, rotate and alighment. I was looking at some wheels they had on display. Some were marked FWD, RWD and FWD/RWD.

What difference is there in a wheel that is for a front wheel drive versus a rear wheel drive? I was looking at a set of wheels to put on my SVTF for the winter, but the flyer on the display said they were for RWD only.

Huh???

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I had purchased a multi-year alignment program from King Tire (NTB, King, Merchant) and I was in their shop on Saturday while I was waiting for my balance, rotate and alighment. I was looking at some wheels they had on display. Some were marked FWD, RWD and FWD/RWD.

What difference is there in a wheel that is for a front wheel drive versus a rear wheel drive? I was looking at a set of wheels to put on my SVTF for the winter, but the flyer on the display said they were for RWD only.

Huh???

FWD & RWD typically depicts what type of offset the wheel has. Most RWD applications are low offsets. Most FWD applications are high offsets. Some vehicles can even fit both depending on the wheel. What wheel was it that you were looking at? I can see if I have something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread