Wheel Widening - Weldcraft vs. Eric Vaughn

TBN

Had my 18" OEM back wheels widened 1.5" to 11" by Vaughn 8 years ago. Fit and finish is spot on with no issues yet.
? On your back wheels were they 2007 gt500 OEM if so what tire did you run . Were the wheels widened on the inside ? I am looking to having mine done by the same guy. I'm new here and thanks for opinion .

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
? On your back wheels were they 2007 gt500 OEM if so what tire did you run . Were the wheels widened on the inside ? I am looking to having mine done by the same guy. I'm new here and thanks for opinion .
Eric Vaughn retired earlier this year, so you're a little late to the party. I believe he still narrows wheels, but he quit his widening service. Weldcraft may be your only option.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a set of GTO wheels widened by Weldcraft a few years ago. Back then I had the option of having the weld ground down because I was having them chromed after they were widened. They turned out great and for $250 I could not complain. They balanced perfect too.

weider1717

Established Member
I have been there done that with both. Eric is the way to go you get a much cleaner ONE machine bead instead of two beads by hand with weld craft.

no comparison, nice guy but I have like $1400 tied in into buying two addtional perfect OEM wheels...paying shipping to eric from SC to Cali then like 700 for him to widen and ship back.

Worth it as I will never sell mine, wanted it right.

theparker

Established Member
ecc5a44c0994f0d57201318d84640b5b.jpg

I had a set widened by Weldcraft was $235 a wheel plus shipping.

Haven’t had a chance to install them cause I need to order some tires but they look good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have been there done that with both. Eric is the way to go you get a much cleaner ONE machine bead instead of two beads by hand with weld craft.

no comparison, nice guy but I have like $1400 tied in into buying two addtional perfect OEM wheels...paying shipping to eric from SC to Cali then like 700 for him to widen and ship back.

Worth it as I will never sell mine, wanted it right.

I have been there too, both. I did the widening thing with Weldcraft first, 2 - 20X9" Super Snake Alcoa's to 12". I have had them on my car for about 6 years, worked fine.

Earlier this year I sent 2 - 20X9" DuraBright Alcoa's to Eric to be widened to 10" and 2 - 20X9" Black Alcoa's to be widened to 11.75". I also sent 2 - 20X9.5" Black Weld brand 2015/16 Super Snake wheels to be widened to 11". I have all three pairs back.....Very Nice work!

A couple of weeks ago I sent Eric 2 more 20X9" DuraBright Alcoa's to be widened to 11.75", he received them yesterday. I had him keep me back two 20" hoops a few weeks ago for this Alcoa widening, he said he was about out of 20" hoops back then, so my Alcoa's may be the last to be done by Eric?......

I am done with widening Super Snake wheels, I am "wheel widening poor".......

R

Users who are viewing this thread