Wheel & tires question (fitment)

PainNdaArse

Established Member
I believe I want to run a 15x10 in the rear of a '00 Mustang GT. I would assume a 6.5" backspacing. I also wanted to run the fattest Drag Radial that I could.

Would a 325/50-15 or 325/60-15 fit?

I have fully adjustible upper and lower control arms, and I use stock springs. With this setup I can clear 28x10.5-15 Slicks with no problem. Before I have Eibach Pro Springs and with hard launches it would cut the right rear tire. No problem now with the stock springs back in.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Your width is going to be your issue, here is a: Tire Calculator

The 325 is roughly 12.8" wide. That is roughly 2.3" wider than the 10.5 slicks you were running before. Split that difference by 2 and you would need 1.15" more clearance between the fender and the tire and 1.15" more clearance between the tire and the frame/suspension components if you mounted them on the same wheels you were running with the slicks.

Now, I do not know what your wheel width and offset was that you were running the slick on but you are probably looking to change that too with the new 15x10 wheels you are thinking about running. The 15x10 with the 6.5" BS (equal to 15x10 25ET) would be about the best fit to keep your modifications to a minimum.

Test fit is in order as I can see it. It will be tight, too tight for me to tell what exactly would need to be done to make them fit. Hope this helps some. let us know if we can help more.

grendel

Established Member
when i had my 15x10 weld on the back of my 01 gt i was rubbing with a 295/50/15 a little but my fenders were not rolled if that helps any

Users who are viewing this thread