Wheel spacers...whats best?

ib_604

Established Member
well i have been reading up on these things for awhile and trying to get some fresh feedback on this topic.

i am looking to space out the stock wheels that i through on with winter tires for rain, etc...

i am trying to decide between the typical hubcentric bolt-on from Maximum, H&R, etc...

OR

longer studs, with spacers, from a company called mustangwheelspacers.com

these guys sell a kit, that comes with new extended studs, tools, and the spacers...kit looks like this & sells for $169

Kit%20REAR.jpg

what do you guys think would be a better option?

i run deep dish 19x9.5 during the summer, so i may not use the spacers then, depends...

thanks.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The hub-centric spacer you're showing will work fine with an E.T. style lug nut. You won't have to dick around with the studs then.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ib_604

Established Member
o ok thx for the tip, just read up on those....the Extended Thread lug nuts...

so then my question would be, are the stock Ford studs strong enough to handle moving the wheels out .5 - 1 inch?

or should i be safe and get new studs, like ARP ones that are supposedly a lot stronger then stock studs?

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I have had 25mm H&R's on my car for about 6 months now, haven't had any problems with them coming loose or anything, but I have heard of somone who didn't tighten them enough and had a wheel come off.

ib_604

Established Member
thx for the reply, from what i see in your sig, your car doesn't look too low.

did you have to file your stock wheel studs for the hr spacers to fit?

thx again

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
I have had 25mm H&R's on my car for about 6 months now, haven't had any problems with them coming loose or anything, but I have heard of somone who didn't tighten them enough and had a wheel come off.

25mm on a stock lug nut? if this is true, im dropping some in tomorrow!!

ib_604

Established Member
definetly gonna do hubcentric, just not sure if the stock stud will support the spacers and wheels 100%

especially since i have deep dish 19's i through on the back during summer.

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
i tried to install some of these longer studs in my friends 03 Cobra, no way in hell are they going in, how did you guys put them in? Do i have to take anything apart? do they have to be pressed in?

ib_604

Established Member
from what i have read, if you do end up having to press 'em in your gonna have to remove the hub assembly....ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread