Wheel Spacers & Alignment

robb15033

Established Member
I want to put 1" spacers on rear wheels. These rims have brand new rubber on them and I will be replacing suspension in coming months and will live with these rims for a while.
-Does the wheel spacers on rear only throw off alignment enough to effect tire wear or drive ability?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If they are hubcentric, should not affect alignment. Fronts should be checked.

robb15033

Established Member
Looking at both web sites made my head hurt. There are several options. I guess I should keep researching. Some use nuts and some bolts, ect..

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Just go with hubcentric. When I bought my car it had these although maybe a different thickness on the rear. The first time I removed the wheels I realized that there was BARELY any thread for the lug nuts to grab so I ditched them.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Looking at both web sites made my head hurt. There are several options. I guess I should keep researching. Some use nuts and some bolts, ect..

and there is a reason for that, once you get to a certain width, the stock studs are no longer viable and the good spacers will have a set of studs built into them, I've autocrossed on the Eibach, with the studs and had no issues whatsoever.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
and there is a reason for that, once you get to a certain width, the stock studs are no longer viable and the good spacers will have a set of studs built into them, I've autocrossed on the Eibach, with the studs and had no issues whatsoever.

The ones I suggested are hubcentric and come with upgraded studs. I like that I only have 5 lugs per wheel to keep torgued. Good luck with whatever you go with.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
I want to put 1" spacers on rear wheels. These rims have brand new rubber on them and I will be replacing suspension in coming months and will live with these rims for a while.
-Does the wheel spacers on rear only throw off alignment enough to effect tire wear or drive ability?

ive had them on the back of my car for 12+ years and no problem at all. Have never had the geometry touched in the rear suspension. I went with the Maximum Motorsports 1" hubcentrics

Users who are viewing this thread