wheel question

ViperPunk

Established Member
hey guys been scoping out the place since i got my car last sunday and want to do a easy 5 lug conversion so i was gonna buy the Latemodel Restoration kit but it says it only works with certain wheels and i have my heart set on chrome FR500 wheels so will they work? need to roll fenders or wat?

93sspcoupe

Established Member
what size fr500 wheels you looking at getting? the lug pattern is the same though. you can do a 5lug swap cheaper than the price of there kit also

4valvemach

Established Member
You can use the disc brake setup from any 1994-2004 mustang on your fox.Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords did a cheap swap in the February 2002 issue "Lugged an Loaded" was the title.The 5 lug axles move the rear wheels out 1.5 inch from what they say.Just find a salvage yard in your area that has a mustang you can get the parts from.

PARTS NEEDED from 94-04 mustang

front spindles,calipers,dust shield and rotors
rear axles,calipers,dust shield and rotors
E-brake cables and mounting bracket(must drill out spot welds that secure it to the floor)

What about some 1993 svt cobra rims?

Last edited:

geoffc

Established Member
It's the conversions with the Lincoln stuff that won't allow certain wheels to fit. As long as you use SN95 stuff, you can use any of the mustang wheels.

ViperPunk

Established Member
sorry guys im a newbie to mustangs so how much do you think it would run me pulling the sn95 parts if you had to guess and 17s with a 10.5 in rim in the back so i have heard i need the northracecars mounting bracket correct?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
^^^trying to fit 17x10.5s will be best with stock length axles. I actually have a set of 94 spindles which give you the stock track width in the front. 96-98 spindles a bit wider track and 99-04 spindles will push out your front wheels the most. 94-95 spindles work perfect.

On my old 91 gt I used 95 spindles and front brakes, and for the rear I used stock length 5 lug axles with 5 lug rotors. I was running 18x9/18x10 bullitts with 245/40/18s and 285/35/18s

ViperPunk

Established Member
so maybe for the rears get the northrace cars fox length axles along with the bracket and cables and use sn95 brake components to finish it up

Users who are viewing this thread