Wheel bearing

03cobraracer

Established Member
Well I finally yanked off my spindle today because my driver side rear wheel bearing was toast. Gotta bring it in the morning to shop up the road to press the new bearing in then put it back together. I'm hoping my hub is reusable. Second picture is a video showing the play in it.

4EC03B69-8194-4D58-B8E1-D7F6EBD34B51_zps9lvwuffm.jpg

th_D998BC67-72A9-4859-8826-214D602E994F_zps7cx40omn.jpg

Last edited:

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
How did you diagnose that, did you have to pull everything off the hub???

03cobraracer

Established Member
Well when I had the car on a lift I always check for play and I was able to move my rear wheel side to side a lot and I could see it was from the bearing.

I just had to take the spindle off the car which you see sitting on the red rag. Tommorow I'll have the old bearing pressed out and the new one pressed in. Then reinstall. I also marked my bolts for alignment.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Couldn't find anybody to do the bearing for me today so I went and did it myself on ft Stewart in the auto shop. Cost me a crisp $5 to use the shop ha. Guess it was cheaper then paying $90 for an hours labor at a shop. Cars all back together now just took it for a test drive.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, gotta love those on-base hobby shops. Havent used them much since I have a big garage now but its nice knowing I have a lift, air tools, AC machines and hydraulic presses when I need them for $2 an hour.

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah it sure does come in handy sometimes. Specially when I need a lift or other certain machines like a press!

2_CW_2

Established Member
I'm needing to do the same thing I can't seem the get the bearing nut off the spindle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread