Wheel balancing

big_goomba

I'm Drivin' Sideways
Established Member
I'm thinking of getting some new wheels for MY-SVT soon, and I don't want to get them all marked up from those ugly looking lead wheel weights that are hammered onto the lip of the rim when the wheels are balanced.

I remember years ago there were self-adhesive weights available that could be mounted on the wheel (preferably hidden on the back side). The one draw back was that they didn't adhere to the wheel very well, and would fly off... I'm sure that with today's adhesives someone must have an alternate solution to damaging custom wheels.

So if anybody knows if such a product exists, I would like to hear about it...

swami

Established Member
tell them to set up the balancing machine so it indicates wheel weight on the inside only. i do this all the time with no vibration problems. HTH

SinCitySVT

Established Member
I've never used the weights that clip on the lip of the rim. All I've used are the weights that stick on the inside of the rim. The balancing machine I have can even measure the rim and be set up so the weights are hidden behind the spokes of the wheel. I've never had a problem with them falling off either. I don't think you'll have a problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread