team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
trey, you shoulda gotten that wheel from the seller
or is that your new wheeels??

WCSS8-Teaser1.jpg

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Greg - I decided against the turbo because there is just so much more involved than just the turbo kit and due to the loss of low end torque. I'll be sporting the ported Eaton for awhile. PRP scheduled to be here tomorrow which should keep me busy till winter.

Peter - Congrats!!

torquemonster

Established Member
team23jordan said:
trey, you shoulda gotten that wheel from the seller
or is that your new wheeels??
no not new wheels but im trying to find a set decently priced... Im getting nitrous tonight btw.

Greg- i dont know where my splitters came from. They came with the car. I think they may originally have come from kenny brown but i dont know for sure.
heres the best front shot i have
MVC-011F.jpg

Oxford Snake

Established Member
torquemonster said:
hey dave - was that u i reved at when i went by and u were parking your car in downtown woodinville?

I went to Costco in Woodinville on Saturday but don't remember going through downtown.

torquemonster

Established Member
Oxford Snake said:
I went to Costco in Woodinville on Saturday but don't remember going through downtown.
Thats wierd then cuz there is another white 03 in the woodinville area that looks just like yours, same wheels and all, black cobra inserts, and it looks dropped pretty low..

04bullitt

140 Top Speed. WTF?!?!?!?
Established Member
Shangsta said:
new rear end going in then the gears are coming, and after this weekend in marysville i need to step up and get some spray

that makes 2 of us.......i will hopefully be ordering frpp 4.10's and the diablosport tuner......then once my les schwab account is paid back down from my turbo civic fiasco i will then get some h&r's on it and call it good.

im aiming for mid 13's with that setup if not a little bit faster.

going from 3.27 to 4.10
the diablosport will put another 20ish at the ground while also eliminating the pesky top speed limiter
and the suspension will help out in the turns and maybe a little in the str8s.

u think 13.5 is possible with those mods on an otherwise stock 5 speed GT???

Tylerb59

Established Member
First of all, I'm glad you're stepping away from that import circle jerk BS for the real stuff.

Second, 20rwhp is a lot to ask from just a tune for a GT. You're really going to have to optimize your fuel curve (when best paired with a CAI / Exhaust combo) and advance the heck out of your timing. Remember it's a tool and you're going to have to pay someone additional cash to get the tune worked out.

You can't just plug and play while expecting the car to magically gain horsepower. There are a few tweaks you can do yourself but you'll only see marginal improvements.

When I had my '02 (Silver) GT I used MustangTuning.com where I purchased the SCT XCAL2 which I recommended over the Diablosport after owning both (twice). The SCT is a much better unit once you upgrade the firmware which allows user adjustability just like the DSP. Nick over at MT is a good guy to deal with, and I'd use them again.

Currently I'm using Ed at RWTD (diablosporttuning.com) for my Cobra and it's been a great investment thus far as it's a $125 a year subscription for virtually unlimited tunes. If you're going to really get into this you may want to get a Wideband Commander so you can dial in your tune and once you step up to bigger power (blower) you'll be set.

I put in 4.10 along with 31 spline Moser Axles and Eaton Posi. It took quite a few passes for it to even register any 'gains' in track performance. The reality is without really sticky tires you're going to get worse times because you're over powering your tires by multiplying the torque and traction is a serious issue and not just because of any power you're making.

"DeeJayA" (Dean) bought my car earlier this year, and it may be worthwhile to sync up with him to see how you like 4.10 gears as it REALLY winds out the car much quicker. The difference is noticeable but you tend to loose some elements first overlooked in street ability which if you're looking to add power in the future I'd recommended 3.73 for either a blower or nitrous. But if you're going to stay the NA bolt on route, 4.10 is the way to go but it's very important you get some traction tires if you ever want to run it hard. I'm not kidding when I say it's frustrating however at times it's cool to blow off the tires @ 40mph.

My best pass was 13.3 @ 106 with 1.8 60', 4.10 gears and all the basic bolt ons (CAI, Exhaust, Tune, Pullies).

Just please don't be that ricer Mustang guy claiming 50rwhp gain from something which really has no impact on performance. Waaay to many of those guys in the Honda world.

04bullitt

Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
First of all, I'm glad you're stepping away from that import circle jerk BS for the real stuff.

Second, 20rwhp is a lot to ask from just a tune for a GT. You're really going to have to optimize your fuel curve (when best paired with a CAI / Exhaust combo) and advance the heck out of your timing. Remember it's a tool and you're going to have to pay someone additional cash to get the tune worked out.

You can't just plug and play while expecting the car to magically gain horsepower. There are a few tweaks you can do yourself but you'll only see marginal improvements.

When I had my '02 (Silver) GT I used MustangTuning.com where I purchased the SCT XCAL2 which I recommended over the Diablosport after owning both (twice). The SCT is a much better unit once you upgrade the firmware which allows user adjustability just like the DSP. Nick over at MT is a good guy to deal with, and I'd use them again.

Currently I'm using Ed at RWTD (diablosporttuning.com) for my Cobra and it's been a great investment thus far as it's a $125 a year subscription for virtually unlimited tunes. If you're going to really get into this you may want to get a Wideband Commander so you can dial in your tune and once you step up to bigger power (blower) you'll be set.

I put in 4.10 along with 31 spline Moser Axles and Eaton Posi. It took quite a few passes for it to even register any 'gains' in track performance. The reality is without really sticky tires you're going to get worse times because you're over powering your tires by multiplying the torque and traction is a serious issue and not just because of any power you're making.

"DeeJayA" (Dean) bought my car earlier this year, and it may be worthwhile to sync up with him to see how you like 4.10 gears as it REALLY winds out the car much quicker. The difference is noticeable but you tend to loose some elements first overlooked in street ability which if you're looking to add power in the future I'd recommended 3.73 for either a blower or nitrous. But if you're going to stay the NA bolt on route, 4.10 is the way to go but it's very important you get some traction tires if you ever want to run it hard. I'm not kidding when I say it's frustrating however at times it's cool to blow off the tires @ 40mph.

My best pass was 13.3 @ 106 with 1.8 60', 4.10 gears and all the basic bolt ons (CAI, Exhaust, Tune, Pullies).

Just please don't be that ricer Mustang guy claiming 50rwhp gain from something which really has no impact on performance. Waaay to many of those guys in the Honda world.

diablosport was claiming 15-20 rwhp with their tuner so thats where i was getting my #s from.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Full Exhaust, Dr,s, And 4:10's and mild tune and some other little stuff and youll see 13.5

Your cars is very clean might i add.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
I have a diablo on mine, and really noticed little or no difference with the tune that comes with it. You won't gain 20 whp with it without a custom tune from a tuner. One of the biggest differences with mine was a tb/plenum combo. Much faster throttle response, and more/smoother airflow than the stock plenum.

04bullitt

Established Member
im thinkin about just savin my christmas bonus until end of january and doin everything all at once.

probably chuck $1500 at it and see where it gets me

sidewayz28

Established Member
well after that LONG WAIT i finally got my cam installed and tuned! cam only i put down 395rwhp/366ftlbs! SEXY

Users who are viewing this thread