what's your price to sell your beloved terminator?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Regards to displacement: All depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Seen 4.6l put out anywhere from 300hp all the way to 3000hp. Bigger the engine heavier moving parts...
My car has laid down 822rwhp and still has plenty of room to grow. Also drive it daily when the weather is nice. No issues. Haven't seen a "new production" car hold that reliable yet, without modification, so no point to me to even think about selling, If I did I would have to invest even more money on top of the "new production" make it reliable.. Would still have less money into the car I have now. "822rwhp was on stock motor"

I think the displacement argument can go both ways. Yes, heavier parts within reason, but takes less work to make the same amount of power. Just look at the big inch LS guys. Ran into a guy with a CTS-V making over 700 on E85 with a fuel system and pullies. Everything else was stock.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Cool thread. I've owned 3 and learned my lesson, it's not for sale. Money comes and money goes, I want to keep it in my family forever.

You got that right. My Dad always says he doesn't want to sell his cars. Reason? He says if he sells his cars my Mom will spend the money from the sale. Then he will have no car and no money LMAO!!!!

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
If I had to sell and wasn't able to buy another one with that money, $350K...to buy 05/06 Ford GT lol

Last edited:

Ninedown

Established Member
I just don't seem to be into the car much anymore. It doesn't get driven much if any.
Car is an 03 has 22,500 miles and a little over 20k in mods. If someone made it simple with no hassle I'd let it go for 29k.

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
Similar to a lot of other posts on here. I don’t know if I could truly pull the trigger although I have entertained the idea of selling for the right price over the years nothing has solidified but I’m sure there is a number in any circumstance. This car has a huge sentimental value to me as does the terminator in its own right. I enjoy having it in my garage to stare at or drive anytime I desire and if I don’t thats ok. I know this is my unicorn having bought it with 4800mi from the original owner back in 2010 who I knew through the Late Model Mustang Club of CT when I lived in those parts. I have put my hard earned money, time and sweat into making this a piece/reflection of me. I know I would never find the same feeling with another one or get all of my investment back and ultimately would regret selling. I look forward to sharing the passion someday as my kids grow older. Thanks to those who have shared. - Dan

HPLouis

Established Member
When I sold the convertible, I spent the next few weeks going into the garage and staring at the spot the car used to sit. I was sad to let it go. I didn't think I would miss it. I then decided to remove myself from the FB groups and I tried to stay off SVTP but that was hard. It's a good thing I didn't either. Someone posted a WTB ad in the market here and someone posted my current car's Craigslist ad and I ended up scooping up the car and now I'm back.

This time, I'm not selling. I learned my lesson.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just don't seem to be into the car much anymore. It doesn't get driven much if any.
Car is an 03 has 22,500 miles and a little over 20k in mods. If someone made it simple with no hassle I'd let it go for 29k.
You sound just like me. Not really into anymore. It just collects dust and sits, and pay the insurance on it. I’d really rather have a zero turn mower. Must be a age thing for me.

Ninedown

Established Member
You sound just like me. Not really into anymore. It just collects dust and sits, and pay the insurance on it. I’d really rather have a zero turn mower. Must be a age thing for me.

Yeah I bought the car when I was 26 now I'm 40. The car is black and if I wanna take it out it's completely filthy due to dust. Not into the maintenance of cleaning it anymore either. I put 250 miles on it this summer.

If someone offered me the price I'd let it go. I don't put it for sale due to tire kickers or kids looking for a joy ride.

Jredherr

Established Member

Attachments

• 52F58F97-044E-4DB7-91B6-6BA5247977D9.jpeg
    52F58F97-044E-4DB7-91B6-6BA5247977D9.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 111

Jredherr

Established Member
Car has 38,000 miles on her, any interest just hit me up. Car is making right around 650whp , YouTube video on bottom was done before longtubes and a 2.8 pulley.Also posted a list of mods in the pictures.
Also list
-afco dual pass heat exchanger with fans
-SR bump steer kit
-SR camber plates
-SR ball points
-maximum Motorsports rear tie rods
-Mac long tubes
-mgw shifter
-New rovos with new tires
- Front Bear 6 piston calibers and new brakes and rotors all around
-braided brake lines. I have title in hand!!!

Jredherr

Established Member
63EC206D-FE0C-481B-95CC-2E7D4986708D.png
Car has 38,000 miles on her, any interest just hit me up. Car is making right around 650whp , YouTube video on bottom was done before longtubes and a 2.8 pulley.Also posted a list of mods in the pictures.
Also list
-afco dual pass heat exchanger with fans
-SR bump steer kit
-SR camber plates
-SR ball points
-maximum Motorsports rear tie rods
-Mac long tubes
-mgw shifter
-New rovos with new tires
- Front Bear 6 piston calibers and new brakes and rotors all around
-braided brake lines. I have title in hand!!!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I was actually asked this a couple weeks ago at work. I told him at 25k I'd start considering it.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I’m probably the dumbest one here when I sold back in 14 my mystichrome with 300 miles on her for $35k. One decision I’ve regretted since.

HPLouis

Established Member
I’m probably the dumbest one here when I sold back in 14 my mystichrome with 300 miles on her for $35k. One decision I’ve regretted since.

Can you tell us about the car? Did it have the plastic on it? What is the new owner doing with it?

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Can you tell us about the car? Did it have the plastic on it? What is the new owner doing with it?

Still had the red cover on gas pedal- sticker on stereo- plastic for seats and steering wheel. New owner still has it. Tried to buy it back last week!!! He’s taken good care of her which I’m happy about.

Users who are viewing this thread