What's your performance expectations for the GT500?

DepWraith

Established Member

DepWraith

Established Member
Link you provided is bogus.

Can't be entirely bogus, it's the same motor everyone has been "confirming" way after that leak and was on the service portal.

So just the drivetrain mode is bogus or you're saying all of it, including the motor information?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
20180816_144326.jpg

Because eveyone knows it's a cad RENDER and not an IMAGE nor is it an OFFICIALLY released PHOTO.

See how weak that shit is along with being irrelevant to the point that was being made?

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
So the new Cobra Jet is coming with a 5.2 topped by a 3.0 liter Whipple S/C. Is the new GT500 definitely coming with the 2650 TVS?

DepWraith

Established Member

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dude.

Did you read the article at all?

They brought up the leak, then proceeded to talk about the wiring diagram and service procedures that was "leaked" from Ford for the entire rest of the article.

That article had almost nothing to do with the leaked photo of the supercharger. They mentioned it once to say that it had been leaked, and a second time to mention that it matched the wiring diagram. The rest of the article was based entirely on speculation from all the other information they received.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I actually felt sorry for him after some of the beatdowns he has brought upon himself. I no longer do. Douche canoe has replaced poor bastard.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I'm not expecting it, but I'm wondering if there might be a Killer Chiller type option in say a drag pack option. Dodge did it with the Demon, and if I'm not mistaken, they're offering it in the Redeye.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
At this point i'm more concerned with listening to exhaust combos to find the one I like. I hate that this drives me so crazy, but it does.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Needs 798 horsepower, trap 140 mph in the 1/4, run the nurging burger in under 7 minutes, stop from 60 mph in 50 feet and ride like a cloud when not in it.

Obviously just joking. My opinion is it will handle about the same/ever so slightly worse than the ZL1, out accelerate/out power the ZL1, but not the Redeye, and run the 1/4 a bit faster than the ZL1, but maybe not as quick as a RedEye.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Needs 798 horsepower, trap 140 mph in the 1/4, run the nurging burger in under 7 minutes, stop from 60 mph in 50 feet and ride like a cloud when not in it.

Obviously just joking. My opinion is it will handle about the same/ever so slightly worse than the ZL1, out accelerate/out power the ZL1, but not the Redeye, and run the 1/4 a bit faster than the ZL1, but maybe not as quick as a RedEye.
To blow me away, I would like something that is a bit more balanced than the previous generation. I would prefer that it benchmark to the ZL1 and not the Demon/redeye. Going slightly slower in a straight line in exchange for track supremacy is not a trade off IMO.

DepWraith

Established Member
Dude.

Did you read the article at all?

They brought up the leak, then proceeded to talk about the wiring diagram and service procedures that was "leaked" from Ford for the entire rest of the article.

That article had almost nothing to do with the leaked photo of the supercharger. They mentioned it once to say that it had been leaked, and a second time to mention that it matched the wiring diagram. The rest of the article was based entirely on speculation from all the other information they received.

Did you read our conversation at all? We were talking about something completely different and he was saying the article about the CAD drawing was a render and not an official image (due to our debate over if an official leaked "image" existed).

As for speculation, the article was based on the actual diagrams that were revealed on the Ford service portal....not sure how that's fabricated as you say???

Never said the article had a lot to do with the leaked photo of the supercharger, simply linked the referenced photo, so what exactly is your point?

DepWraith

Established Member
:eek::oops:o_O:oops::mad::(
Haha. DepWraith telling someone he is wrong, after two years of posting nothing but fabricated, speculative, rumors that were all....wait for it....wrong!

Only thing that has been proven wrong is the release date (which is not surprising given the fluid scheduling of not released models...this should be no surprise to anyone and was explained as it happened).

Since nothing has officially been released by Ford, please explain for the masses which details I was wrong on and please provide PROOF by FORD of these wrong details.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Only thing that has been proven wrong is the release date (which is not surprising given the fluid scheduling of not released models...this should be no surprise to anyone and was explained as it happened).

Since nothing has officially been released by Ford, please explain for the masses which details I was wrong on and please provide PROOF by FORD of these wrong details.
Below:
https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...the-next-gt500.1140923/page-180#post-15918008

Users who are viewing this thread