whats your passion

derockgt

Established Member
I am doing a study and just was curious what passions people care most about. What do you think about most? what do you talk about most? what is the most important thing/concept/concern/element/subject in your life?

Steve1578

Established Member
I'm having a child in May, so that will easily take the cake. But as far as personal interests, it's business/finance. I've always been drawn to business and finance, things like investing, stock market. I've also had several businesses over the years, nothing else in the world like it.

Never_Enough

Established Member
No kids or wife for me so cars are my main passion. Followed by writing, cooking & NLHE.

jbs$

Established Member
As the man said, faster cars, older whiskey, younger women and more money. I add, and more time to enjoy those that I have.

Blown 89

Established Member
Kart racing, fighting/grappling, and firearms are my mainstays. Continual learning is my life's passion. Career choices have limited my grappling due to time conflicts but my fingers are crossed that my boy finds an interest in it and it's something we can do together some day.

People whose passion revolves around their spouse and kids seem to always live terrible and unfulfilling lives. Plus looking to someone else to fulfill such an important need is a terrible burden to place on someone. Apparently that plays a large role in marital problems.

Coiled03

Established Member
My daughter, and helping her have the best life possible.

I can't even think of anything I'd put in second place.

ssssnake

Established Member
My family, most of all. Secondly, it's music. I can't sing or play an instrument, but I love it.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
But as far as personal interests, it's business/finance. I've always been drawn to business and finance, things like investing, stock market. I've also had several businesses over the years, nothing else in the world like it.

This. People always think I'm crazy but nothing else has ever drawn my interest like business and finance. I could read/study/calculate all day everyday and never get sick of it.

Other than that cars and golf are the two closest seconds.

Rct851

Established Member
27 year old amature motocross racer. It's all for fun but I take it seriously and can't get enough of it. I get off to a showroom clean, brand new motocross bike that goes for 8k as much as I do a new Ferrari.

I think one of the draws for me is that, unlike cars, the best equipment is obtainable by the average employed person. If your slow its on you.

Branhammer

Established Member
10 years ago I would've said cars and motorcycles. As I get older that keeps moving down the list.

Right now it's my wife by a landslide, followed by craft beer (both drinking and making my own), then my home (making it our own), then the Brittany spaniel rescue we volunteer for, then finally my car. And I don't even own a bike anymore. I'd die on one here anyway because Utah has the worst.drivers.on.****ing.Earth. Including Ohio.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Kart racing, fighting/grappling, and firearms are my mainstays. Continual learning is my life's passion. Career choices have limited my grappling due to time conflicts but my fingers are crossed that my boy finds an interest in it and it's something we can do together some day.

People whose passion revolves around their spouse and kids seem to always live terrible and unfulfilling lives. Plus looking to someone else to fulfill such an important need is a terrible burden to place on someone. Apparently that plays a large role in marital problems.

The question was "most important"...

That's great you put guns and fighting before your family.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member

Some of us were already fulfilled before we met our spouses. :shrug: My wife just adds that much more. I feel like I've won at life every day. The only thing to determine from here on out is "to what extent have I won?"

Users who are viewing this thread