What's your clearance Clarence ?

systemplayer

Established Member
Excuse the memorable quote from the classic 1980 movie "Airplane." Showing my age here.

Excluding the rare LS cars .........I'm not seeing much difference in specs between the 2012 & 2013 Boss, at least not under the hood. The interior is also very similar but for the 2013 Ford Sync.

The big difference looks like it's on the outside: decal / graphics, grill, headlamps, taillights, side sills, hood extractor etc.... seem to be the most noticeable differences.

In a continued effort in doing my due diligence, my question is about the front splitter. From what I see (at least in my eye online and in person) there seems to be distinct difference between the 2012 and 2013 front splitter. Again, aside from the LS ........is there a difference between the 2012 and 2013 splitter(s) ? What's the standard clearance on each year (for cars that have not been lowered?) Does iit seem like the 2012 is lower ? and that does it seem like there's an extra "layer" of front end splitter on the 2012 car ?

Your knowledge on matters like this continues to be much appreciated for a guy just trying to find the right Boss. Thanks Marc in S FL.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
My 2012 LS front splitter has 5 3/4 inches of ground clearance.

the LS cars are shipped with the standard front splitter, which I believe is the same clearance, it isn’t any thicker or thinner than the LS piece.

Users who are viewing this thread