What's up guy's! 6.7 power adders?

Midas

Established Member
Hello everyone! I have a 2020 alumiDuty tremor. I have added a S&B ram air. AEQ Matt black hot and cold charge piping. Stealth performance modual. The upgrades did make a seat of the pants upgrade. What else is there to do besides deleting it?

Midas

Established Member
Anybody out there know about oem steel pistons?
20220731_193724.jpg

Midas

Established Member
I'm surprised that more people haven't recognized the power potential of these motors???
With 29k psi of fuel pressure and the steel pistons, this thing is ready for serious power... if I were to guess, I bet 1000rwhp + is possible with just a tune...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You'll break other parts before the pistons, which are essentially Mahle Monotherm pieces. The boom times for diesel is over. Deleting is a thing of the past.

Midas

Established Member
I'll agree that the pistons will likely outlast the rest of the truck...

But diesel is far from over. Once that puppet is out of office things will change for the best...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm surprised that more people haven't recognized the power potential of these motors???
With 29k psi of fuel pressure and the steel pistons, this thing is ready for serious power... if I were to guess, I bet 1000rwhp + is possible with just a tune...
Maybe. But in my case my truck isn't a hot rod. It's my daily and my tow vehicle. I didn't need 1000hp to tow my car to South Carolina and back. Plus if you blow a diesel the repair bill is a lot more expensive.

Midas

Established Member
I beat the $hit out of this truck! Race it jump it, rip it through the nevada desert, tow 14k trailer... I have other toys, but the superduty gets abused like everything else! How do you know what it's made of if you don't break it and build it back stronger???

Damn thing is expensive though...lol

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Maybe I'm getting old. I don't need to abuse everything I own. Especially my daily. I have other toys for that. If they break I can put them in the garage and worry about them later.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'll agree that the pistons will likely outlast the rest of the truck...

But diesel is far from over. Once that puppet is out of office things will change for the best...

EPA just went after another round of shops. If you don't have big money and know somebody, good luck. The EPA is actively calling around and soliciting, nobody is saying shit.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
EPA just went after another round of shops. If you don't have big money and know somebody, good luck. The EPA is actively calling around and soliciting, nobody is saying shit.

It's no longer just fines either. They are going for criminal prosecutions. No a lot of business owners want the very real chance to catch a felony conviction for selling some guy some block off plates.

Midas

Established Member
Sadly you guys aren't wrong. The epa isn't likely to ease up anytime soon. They know the diesel owners have money, and I'm sure they plan to squeeze out as much as possible. I'm moving to TX at the end of the month. And when I get situated I'm still gonna delete my 6.7
I'm currently in las vegas were all emissions and slogs are required, and guess what??? Most the people I have met with nice diesel trucks are deleted... I'll agree with you guys that things are changing for our beloved diesels, only time will tell how bad...

Users who are viewing this thread