Whats up fella's |NEW from IL

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
Hey guys, my names Taylor. I live in Quincy IL. North of St. Louis by about 2 hours. Just wanting to say whats up. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you from time to time.

Really interested in car shows in the area. The only one I know im going to so far is the LLCC Show in Springfield IL. Can't make it to St. Louis's World Street Challenge :(

PICS of my stang:

100_0220.jpg

100_0218.jpg

100_0217.jpg

100_0205.jpg

100_0202.jpg

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
hey whats up man, springfield, illinois here. what are the dates for the llcc show?

Don't quote me, im at work and don't have the dates right here. But I'm pretty sure its July 10th and 11th. Its a Friday night cruise in and saturday show. There are a few other stangs cruising down with me as well as two who live in springfield. :thumbsup:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'm from Kewanee (not that you probably have heard of it) but go to school at WIU in Macomb. Never take my Cobra down with me, but if you ever come to the area let me know.

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
I'm from Kewanee (not that you probably have heard of it) but go to school at WIU in Macomb. Never take my Cobra down with me, but if you ever come to the area let me know.

Nice. Not sure where Kewanee is. I travel to Springfield and Effingham IL often. Dunno if thats close. WIU, im familiar with that. I have tons of friends that go there. I also attend school at Bradley University in Peoria.

Welcome, nicely done stang..:thumbsup:

Thank you sir.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Nice. Not sure where Kewanee is. I travel to Springfield and Effingham IL often. Dunno if thats close. WIU, im familiar with that. I have tons of friends that go there. I also attend school at Bradley University in Peoria.

My brother lives in Peoria. It's not terribly far from Kewanee, actually. Take I74 North and get off on Route 78, take it all the way to Route 34 and you'll be in Kewanee in about 5 miles. It's like 40 minutes from Peoria.

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
My brother lives in Peoria. It's not terribly far from Kewanee, actually. Take I74 North and get off on Route 78, take it all the way to Route 34 and you'll be in Kewanee in about 5 miles. It's like 40 minutes from Peoria.

Nice, well thats where my stang will be residing for the next month or so. After that im headed to Truman State in Missouri.

ez112

Established Member
Whats up Illinois Ford Freaks.

Everyone knows the fun is up in the Northern part of IL. :D j/k

But yeah, thats a bad ass Mustang Taylor.

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
Whats up Illinois Ford Freaks.

Everyone knows the fun is up in the Northern part of IL. :D j/k

But yeah, thats a bad ass Mustang Taylor.

Streator????? NOTHING happens in Steator lol. My buddies roomate is from there..he is a....."uniqe" fella to say the least lol.

But thanks for the compliments man. I love my car.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Nice, well thats where my stang will be residing for the next month or so. After that im headed to Truman State in Missouri.

I haven't seen you around P-town yet...I'll keep an out eye for ya. I went to Truman State as well, back when it was Northeast Missouri State!!!

Welcome - and nice lookin ride!

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
I haven't seen you around P-town yet...I'll keep an out eye for ya. I went to Truman State as well, back when it was Northeast Missouri State!!!

Welcome - and nice lookin ride!

Thanks man. I'll probably cruising more next week when I have the time. I travel everyweekend but plan on doing some cruising on Thursday nights. You are more than welcome to join for some pictures. :rockon:

ez112

Established Member
Streator????? NOTHING happens in Steator lol. My buddies roomate is from there..he is a....."uniqe" fella to say the least lol.

But thanks for the compliments man. I love my car.

Are you SERIOUS!? NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has heard of Streator. Ha ha. Nice to see someone has heard of it...even under the circumstance...

Yeah and I know nothing happens here. No one likes to race or anything. Looks like I gotta wait for track season.

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
Are you SERIOUS!? NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has heard of Streator. Ha ha. Nice to see someone has heard of it...even under the circumstance...

Yeah and I know nothing happens here. No one likes to race or anything. Looks like I gotta wait for track season.

Haha..yeah. I only know of it because my buddies roomate and we pass it everytime we drive from Peoria to Chicago. :rockon:

Its cool though man. IL stangs are the best. :thumbsup: I wasn't trying to make fun of you or anything bro, I too was shocked I had heared of it haha.

Last edited:

KNGSNAKE

Established Member

ive been to actually been to streator a few times believe it or not.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Another newbee to the board here. Good to see some "locals" so close. Currently in the process of getting an '04 OW Cobra...hopefully have it by this weekend. Can't wait!

Hey Tabres, hopefully this doesn't sound weird but I think I know your car (VERY sharp!). If you are who I think you are then I'm pretty sure I work with your dad at CA in Kewanee. (small world!)

Oh, and I know where Streator is too! lol Been around that area a little bit up until recent months.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Hey Tabres, hopefully this doesn't sound weird but I think I know your car (VERY sharp!). If you are who I think you are then I'm pretty sure I work with your dad at CA in Kewanee. (small world!)

You must be Brian from Engineering? (I won't embarass myself by trying to spell your last name) I think your first year there was the last summer I did IT work for Bomag. Josh had told me you've been looking for a car. Glad to hear you finally found one!

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Yep, that's me...been there a little over two years now. Tell a couple people you're looking for a car and before you know it everybody knows and is constantly asking if you've found one. haha

I took a look at your cardomain page...love those saleens on there man! Do the Kewanee cops give you any hassle about no front license plate? Just curious b/c I don't plan on ruining my bumper by drilling four holes in it! lol Take it easy...probably see you around town over the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread