What's the ideal Air/Fuel Ratio?

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Just wondering guys, what is the "ideal" air/fuel ratio for a nice street/strip tune? I have read 11.4-11.7 is optimum, but I am by no means a tuner and it's all greek to me. I am just wondering guys with the cars that know their stuff, and tuners in general.....what would it be? I also acknowledge that not all cars are the same, but for arguments sake, what would it be?

Don

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Yes Donald its me :p

11.4 - 11.7 is very safe for the daily driving.
I dont see why 12.1 - 12.5 wouldnt be safe, either. :shrug: At the track u might want to up a bit higher on the 12's vs staying at the 11's.....but i dont think ur leaving much power out by not going lean.

I thought my CAI would of gotten me a bit leaner to make more power but havent seen any bad signs as of yet.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Hmmmm.....I thought the higher the "safer"? Shows ya how much I know....the question goes on. I want to have optimum performance for the street, yet be able to take it to the track every now and then, and not have to mess with it.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek:

Yeah right, now ur just messing around.
Higher the leaner :D

My tuner said if i was just going to keep racing he would just keep me on the 13's but im not. But even with the a/f in the 11's i dont think ur leaving to many Ponies out of the chart....just my $.02 :shrug:

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
So can the number be quantified? What would be a definitive number?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Sorry couldnt find my other freaking sheet.

Id seen 445hp & 453tq on a 3.00" upper pulley....but i was way, way to lean :eek: Tuner had to stop the freaking run.

At the end of the day with him messing around with the A/F i didnt loss much Tq or Hp by going richer. Run 28 was in the 11's & Run 29 he left me tune in the high 11's & into the 12's.

Sorry no major proof or numbers.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Donald.
Sorry forgot to mention that my car is so freaking weird with new mods i put on. Every time i put some thing on tuner is having a field day with trying to get my A/F adjusted correctly.

Case in point from run 28 to run 29 even with a some what cool down & him just making the slightest adjustment made some major dif. in result....not sure if u have the same exp. with ur tuner?

Users who are viewing this thread