What's the going rate for used shortblocks?

nonliberal

Established Member
Like the title says, what is the average a person could expect to sell their excellent condition 2013 GT short block for?

I am just looking to go forged so I don't damage anything this spring when I turn up the boost.
Debating on buying a built short block or just building my block.

Last edited:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Buy a whole new short block imo , for the long run it pays to have a backup. Not saying anything bad will happen but its nice to have should something happen. Also if you factor in how much you really save versus the down time of using your block plus the shipping its really not that big of a difference.

stretchb

Established Member
I just bought a complete motor w/20k miles on it from craigslist for $3k. that's what im gonna beat on for a little while.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Yeah you guys are right. I should probably keep it.

For what a paper weight.
Sell the short block and put the money away.
Why shell out money for no reason? And store a block then have to worry about it getting contaminated while its sitting on a stand and taking up room. Been there and done it.
Cross the bridge of having to build again when the time comes.

nonliberal

Established Member
For what a paper weight.
Sell the short block and put the money away.
Why shell out money for no reason? And store a block then have to worry about it getting contaminated while its sitting on a stand and taking up room. Been there and done it.
Cross the bridge of having to build again when the time comes.

LOL, well that's a good point as well. It's not a DD so if it is down for a while it's not that big of deal.

jonp

Established Member
Don't forget the wife factor: Having more car part stuff laying around taking up room makes it seem like you have more going on.

nonliberal

Established Member
Don't forget the wife factor: Having more car part stuff laying around taking up room makes it seem like you have more going on.

LOL, I hear ya! Fortunately I have a 30X50 shop that she is not allowed to step foot in. She used to do this thing called "cleaning" in there and it seemed more like "hiding my shit" to me. lol

She used to put my tools away while I would still be using them on a project. Finally I had to tell her to GTFO. In a nice sort of way of course. :beer:

kingnut

Established Member
LOL, I hear ya! Fortunately I have a 30X50 shop that she is not allowed to step foot in. She used to do this thing called "cleaning" in there and it seemed more like "hiding my shit" to me. lol

She used to put my tools away while I would still be using them on a project. Finally I had to tell her to GTFO. In a nice sort of way of course. :beer:

Last I checked, sheds didnt come with kitchens.

Users who are viewing this thread