What's the Best Throttle Body?

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
Who makes the best throttle Body? BILLET-FLOW or ACCUFAB? I want a New throttle Body and need to know who makes the best & WHY?

Thanks,

GLWBEAR
:pepper:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just get a ported stock Throttle body. Or BF when they are available.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Ported stock is the best bargain.

Accufab is the only SB unit readily available.

Billetflow makes them, but have been unavailable for several months.

Accufab has a faster cam on the cable bracket, so response is seemingly improved.

BF retains the stock style blade response.

Hope this helps.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
mblgjr said:
Ported stock is the best bargain.

Accufab is the only SB unit readily available.

Billetflow makes them, but have been unavailable for several months.

Accufab has a faster cam on the cable bracket, so response is seemingly improved.

Hope this helps.

What he said and I got a Billetflow TB about a month or so (not from doug@BF but Extreme Motorsports had some left over)and it looks real nice and in a few weeks I’ll let you know how it performs :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
what are some of the issues people have or have had with the BBK 65mm TB?

Not trying to hijack your thread, just figured it was relivant.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
BBK doesn't really have a comparable quality to the two units in discussion. You would be better off with a ported stocker.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Have the ported stocker and am very satisfied with the results thus far. Am going to get the setup dynoed on Wednesday and will let you know, but the throttle response and SOTP meter are both much improved........

MightyMo

Established Member
IMG_3178.JPG
The Accufab is a nice addition to any Cobra engine bay. Throttle feel is lighter and more crisp. Would buy it again if the opportunity came again.

Great product!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
mblgjr said:
...Accufab has a faster cam on the cable bracket, so response is seemingly improved.

BF retains the stock style blade response

curious as to where you got this (inaccurate/incomplete) info

TIA.....you can PM me if you like :)

Tide612

Banned
WHn i first got my accufab it had a slow throttle response so i tightened the throttle cable and it fixed that. That is the only prob that i have ahd with the accufab. I like the billetflow though. If i had a choice i would sell the throttle body (accufab) and keep the body of the unit. Then buy the billetfow piece and install it on the accufab body.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
JB said:
curious as to where you got this (inaccurate/incomplete) info

TIA.....you can PM me if you like :)

I don't mind saying...

From what I gathered off of this board before I bought my Accufab, many proported that the Accufab has a faster ramp on the throttle pull. Early units seemed to have some issues with the C.E. light coming on for short periods of time before the computer was able to adapt.

My unit is more recent, and while I have not tried the cruise, it does seem to be a slightly faster than stock opening ramp.

BF owners proported that the opening seemed stock. I also think that I have spoken with Doug probably about a year ago and asked about his units at the time. I really didn't retain all the information about it because at the time I was shopping, I could not find one, and it seems that he has not produced any in quite some time.

Basically, I made my decision off of what people said their experiences were with the units that they bought.

Please PM me and tell me where I went wrong with what I said. Didn't mean to intentionally misinform anyone.

dougwg

Established Member
"The devil is in the details"

That is not what I said....

I said.." We use that same cam profile as the stock 03-04 Cobra's" where as AF uses the wrong cam profile (from the 00' Cobra R).

That being said... Both TB's have a faster opening throttle "ramp" because of the Oval opening design.

I'm not jumping on you at all.... just clarifying :)

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Now put it back into production with the "upgraded model" or I'm going to buy an Accufab! Yes that's a threat! :banana: :pepper:

dougwg said:

I said.." We use that same cam profile as the stock 03-04 Cobra's" where as AF uses the wrong cam profile (from the 00' Cobra R).

That being said... Both TB's have a faster opening throttle "ramp" because of the Oval opening design.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
dougwg said:

Thanks for the clarification, this is all I meant, that the manual cam profiles were different. I was disregarding the effect of the blade itself, as they are both nearly identical.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
mblgjr said:

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to note the word cam here, when I said blade response, I was in reference to the fact that you retain the stock cam profile.

Thats all. Thanks. :beer:

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Tide612 said:
WHn i first got my accufab it had a slow throttle response so i tightened the throttle cable and it fixed that. That is the only prob that i have ahd with the accufab. I like the billetflow though. If i had a choice i would sell the throttle body (accufab) and keep the body of the unit. Then buy the billetfow piece and install it on the accufab body.
I always thought the pedal was a little stiff, as was my 2000 GT. I lossened up the spring tensioner on my GT and the throttle response was much better and the pedal was much smoother. Can this be done with the cobra. I realize they do not have the spring, but you saud you tightened the cable, how is it done. Thanx. :beer:

dougwg

Established Member
mblgjr said:
Just wanted to note the word cam here, when I said blade response, I was in reference to the fact that you retain the stock cam profile.

Thats all. Thanks. :beer:

:thumbsup:

Tide612

Banned
To: DR. WU 2000

This was done by lengthing the screw. Actually screwing the screw out alittle so that the throttle cable was shorter. If you dont understand let me know and i can show you some pics.

Users who are viewing this thread