• STEEDA

Votes: 22 10.8%
  • OTHER

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters

NEWSVTGUY

Established Member
You'll get about 1293484 MGW and a few of the others

You'll also get a few telling you the stock one is the best or to use the stock handle with a different shifter.

That should cover everything

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
MGW!! i gotta tri-ax. i cant really complain about it.... but my mgw was pure sex. i loved the adjustabilty it had,shifted real smooth, and it was quiet

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I`m using the Pro5.0 and really like it.I`d like to try the MGW and see if there is any difference.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used the TriAx and liked it a lot. The MGW uses a different engineering design from what you find in all the others (which are all similar in design). IMO it's the best one on the market, but if you're happy with what you have I would stick with it.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
MGW orange here...I love it because a) It's a very well built unlike the stocker. B)It shortens the throw to 3rd gear. C) It's adjustable...

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
MGW Orange for sure. I am glad my car came with it saving me the hassle of changing it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I`m using the Pro5.0 and really like it.I`d like to try the MGW and see if there is any difference.

If I knew the Pro 5.0 shifted as good as my old Fox body I'd sell my MGW asap. 2nd to 3rd was literally just straightening out your arm. No worries about missing 3rd just push as hard and as fast as I could. Made for one fast powershift.:rockon:

Speed Demon

Established Member
I run the Pro 50 and love it. I've had the Tri Ax and didnt like it at all. I've driven a few cars with the MGW, and I liked the adjustability on them but the 2-3 shift wasn't as smooth or easy as the Pro 50. Like Posi said its just pushing straight forward with the Pro 50 as opposed to pushing over and up on the MGW. I also like the shift stops on the Pro 50, no bent shift forks!

evolve

Established Member
the only people that can accurately answer this is the ones who have had all of the above...

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
A customer came by the other day with the B&M Pro Ripper and although it looks funny because it's so tall, it's the first shifter I've seen that actually gets the handle close enough to the driver for my preferences. I installed one yesterday and absolutely love it, because I don't have to adjust the seat forward til my knees are on the dash anymore. Also very nice quality and comes with a stud kit.

The MGW is a beautifully made shifter and probably the most precise out there but if your issue is getting it closer, it will not help. The orange handle is a bit closer than stock but it's lower, negating most any reach improvement.

As far as the 2-3 shift, I've always just pushed straight forward and not had an issue with any shifter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread