Whats the best header gaskets to use?

SJ-KY

Established Member
Im installing a set of Stainless Works longtubes. I really dont want to have a leaking issue.So im looking to buy a set of header gaskets. What gaskets are some of you running,and what do you all recommend?
Thanks
Stephen Jessie

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Use the Fel-pro. I used stock ford and they wouldn't seal for chit.....the fel-pro's were cheap and haven't leaked.

JymBart

Established Member
Gaskets & Fasteners

Fel-Pro Gaskets & STAGE 8 Locking Fasteners, ............... the best set-up you could ask for!!!

JymBart

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Glad to see you got the good exhaust.

Just about everyone says use stock ford gaskets (however, I would not re-use them...be smart and spend the 20 bucks on new ones and save the misery of a potential leak). Fel-Pro or Mr. Gasket's also work good and are recommended by Stainless Works.

And definetly use locking stage 8 header bolts. I have an extra set that is brand new, never opened for sale (cheap) if you're interested...

Last edited:

SJ-KY

Established Member
I'd buy them from you but I need them tommarow. Does anyone know where I can buy these stage 8 fasteners from? What about the ARP header bolts,are they as good?
Thanks
Stephen Jessie

SJ-KY

Established Member
Does anyone have a part # to the 03-04 Cobra Fel-Pro header gaskets? I have a set but they really dont match perfect. I could probably take a porting bit and clean the corners up but I'd rather not. The part # I have is 95949. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Stephen Jessie

Users who are viewing this thread