whats the best bang for the buck on longblocks that can handle twin 67's

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
Well its time for me to start thinking of my winter project. I just swapped the 57's for 67's (going for a tune soon) along with a bigger TB. I already have a crazy fuel pump with a sump and return style system, rails, 75# injectors, full subfame (miniframe) all the good stuff for the rear inc the dss level 5's. ALL ON A STOCK MOTOR!!!

Now its time for a long block! Who's the best? any idea's on how much it will cost and what it should make /or can withstand. HOW BIG CAN I GO?

I need websites please.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

VD.. :rockon:

kino

Established Member
Here ya go: www.vtengines.com/main.htm
VT Engines does good work at reasonable prices.

You could get a 281 billet block for $3400 plus $359 for the billet oil pump gears. Very Stout setup or if you want to step up the cubes, they have a 324 inch stroker shortblock.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I just bought a VT 324 Stroker/Pro longblock...should hold 1500hp or more...I debated over this or the 302 and went 324 b/c of the 67's...the 302 Stroker/Pro will hold just about as much power, just not the CI's.

nix5o

Established Member
If you don't mind my asking how much was it? What kind of heads and cams? Any head port work?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
nix5o said:
If you don't mind my asking how much was it? roughly $12k What kind of heads and cams? can't really say, but it has both :) Any head port work? yes

kind of answered in bold...all of this is on their website :thumbsup:

04torchred

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
I just bought a VT 324 Stroker/Pro longblock...should hold 1500hp or more...I debated over this or the 302 and went 324 b/c of the 67's...the 302 Stroker/Pro will hold just about as much power, just not the CI's.

One of these two would be my choice(302 or 324). They should both help with spool time for those 67's and will definately help your overall power potential. Now if you want to spin the motor to 8000rpm and feel those 67's will keep up then stick to stock displacement, but it will take a while to get those turbos going. If it is a street car I would shoot to have it all in by 7000rpm. JMO

These aren't your best bang for your buck, but will perform the best I think. If you just want something that will hold the power, get new pistons, set the clearances up a little looser, billet rods(if you plan on being over 1000rwhp consistently or the stockers should be fine with new ARP bolts) get a set of mild cams with ported heads and call it done. But a new stroker crank should run you under $1000 and is well worth it to get a 302 in my mind. Stud the mains and heads.

Good luck man she should rip :burnout:

Last edited:

apache driver

Established Member
If your looking for best bang for the buck you can't go wrong with the MMR 1100.

Part#401100 MMR 4.6 Race Mod 1100 $3599
Shortblock includes:

*New Cast Iron 2003-04 Cobra Block (Romeo)
*New 4340 Forged 3.543 Cobra Crankshaft, includes additional heat treat w/micro polished journals at no extra charge
*New 4340 5.933 Manley Pro-series Rods ( These US made rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest I-beam rod available for your 4.6
*New Forged Manley pistons 3.552 Bore size (High or low compression)
*Speed Pro file fit rings (precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)
*Federal Mogul Competition series heat treated Rod and Main bearings
*ARP main stud kit for maintaining correct cap location under the hardest of loads
*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available.

Last edited:
VIPER D said:
Well its time for me to start thinking of my winter project. I just swapped the 57's for 67's (going for a tune soon) along with a bigger TB. I already have a crazy fuel pump with a sump and return style system, rails, 75# injectors, full subfame (miniframe) all the good stuff for the rear inc the dss level 5's. ALL ON A STOCK MOTOR!!!

Now its time for a long block! Who's the best? any idea's on how much it will cost and what it should make /or can withstand. HOW BIG CAN I GO?

I need websites please.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

VD.. :rockon:

i suggest having Ronnie Crawford build the motor hes just finshed mine, and oh boy does that baby look good.

Users who are viewing this thread