What's next?

arena314

Established Member
okay guys so I've had my 11 gt on the paxton for 2 weeke or so now and still getting use to it of course.

The car put down 662/494 sae on 10 psi @ 7400 rpm at sea level on the stock motor with opg's. It was dynoed with very good 93 (adding timing in the rpm range by itself) but I've been running a 32 oz. can of boostane in each tank and will everytime for added safety as the car isnt my daily.

I know I need a radial to get some traction and im still getting use to the car that will probably be the next thing. Anyways at this power level what do you think should be my big concern and what should I look into upgrading next? I've been keeping my shifts 7k or lower as I dont have much interest revving much higher at this power level.

what do you guys think? it already has opg's, CS, clutch, headers, 18 manifold and all supporting mods, what do you think is the next thing I should look into now that im boosted I guess it's time to start upgrading some stuff. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Post up your entire set up? Depending on your suspension, that's where I would start. Do you plan to drag race it?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

arena314

Established Member
it's a street car and that's pretty much what it's always gonna be. I have lower control arms/ panhard bar eibach lowering springs and a front sway bar. I'm on 19' amr wheels with MT street comps and traction is a concern. I just want a fun reliable street car.

my performance/ drivetrain mods include
-mmr opg's and CS
- 1 7/8's longtubes
- offroad h pipe
- 18 intake
-Paxton 2200 sl with a 3.8 pulley
-Id1050x's
-Jlt intake
- vmp BAP
-ngk iridium's
-mcloeod RST
- lightweight flywheel with arp bolts
- clutch line
- mgw x-spec

otherwise stock pretty much. stock mt82 and stock bottom end. I was tuned on 93 and that's what it made. I was told it will hold up for some time if properly maintained and not beat up too much. I run boostane in every tank for that extra cushion god forbid I ever put bad fuel in it as I am too worried a little lol.

I think right now I should focus on putting a good set of wheels on the car with some rubber

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Throw a descent tire on that thing. Street comps are one of the worst tires out there

arena314

Established Member
a buddy of mine has a set of sve wheels with et streets on them in good shape. they are 15x10's I bought the sway bar relocation brackets already just have to go pick the wheels up. anything I should worry about when I out the 15's on? I only plan to use them so my car can hook up not really to launch

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
With the relocation brackets you will be fine. You will have to grind a piece where the current mount is but it's easy. Car will def hook up with those on there.

arena314

Established Member
well spent yesterday installing sway bar relocation brackets and put some 15x10 sve wheels on and wow what a difference! she hooks without problems
20200405_193241.jpeg
20200405_193308.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread