Whats LOUDER? Vortech or Procharger?

the50ho

The Ho
Established Member
it all depends on which model you go with. ATI's are pretty damn loud.... but keep in mind both brands have MANY models....vortech has a v-1 and v-2 head unit for the strim.....v-1 is the loud unit.

I personally think the p1sc and d1 procharger are the loudest "street" blower you will come across.

If you are chosing between the two, go with the procharger for performance. Factory intercooled, and a great product....3 year warranty as well.

WELCOME TO THE SITE BY THE WAY!

z06matt

I 1 Racing
Established Member
My D1 ProCharger is very loud even at idle. When you get on it , it screams. I think it sounds awesome but ive never had a vortech so I don't know which is louder...:shrug: :thumbsup:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
ive heard quite a few centri blowers.. this is my opinion about how they sound...

a vortech SQ on a 99GT- the car had a completely stock exhaust, so all you could hear was the blower.. even though it was supposed to be quiet...it had a very mechanized "hum" to it... insane.

a paxton novi 2000 on a fox body 331 - the car had a mean cam and loud exhaust, but you could still hear the blower. The thing sounded like it had a hundred marbles rolling around inside it...

D1-SC on a 99 cobra & 99 GT. the prochargers both have a distinct whistle to them.. a mechanized howl.. but the D1 sounds more like gear whine than the P1.

P1-sc on a 99 cobra - This thing sounds like a spooled turbo at idle... its got a sinister whistle, that puts a grin on my face from ear to ear. it gets even better when you get on the gas a little.

the cool thing about the prochargers as well, is that they have a blow-thru MAF setup... and the bypass valve is before the mass air meter.. this means that if you want even more "ive got a blower, so dont mess with me" noise, you can vent the BOV to the atmosphere... and itll sound like a tractor-trailer's air brake in between full-throttle shifts.

either way, they are all badazz

-Homer

Wicked

Established Member
I have heard some Vortech S-trims that sound louder and different. But my P1SC is very loud and noticeable.

One thing about my Procharger that I haven't noticed with vortechs is it whines all the time, not just at idle. Most vortechs i have heard quiet down off idle.

I like it loud.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
The S trim I had on my 90 LX was very loud.... On the other hand the YS trim I have on it now is nearly as quiet as the SQ I have on my 94 Lightning.

Billy

Users who are viewing this thread