Whats it worth? '04 CO Coupe

ls1 x2

n00b
Established Member
have been considering selling my cobra...really want to get a diesel truck for a DD and to haul my toys, and work as well. That and this car just isnt practical for me since i am purchasing a house this spring. Not too sure what its worth since the CO cars are pretty rare..heres the specs:

'04 Cobra
Competition Orange Coupe (1 of 281 made)
80k mostly highway miles. i drive 100mi/day just to/from work 5 days a week, and ive driven it to maryland twice(7hr each way). its my good weather DD, and it loves every second of it.

mods are:
BBK LT's,ORH, flowmaster single chamber mufflers
2.9 upper pulley, 4lb lower, 3pc metco idlers w/ alt pulley
HID Headlights and foglights
K&N CAI
mobil 1 synthetic, change every 4k miles or before

front tires - 90%, rears - 80%
SPEC 2+ clutch

new:
rear diff seal, rear diff lower mount, rear diff bushings, supercharger belt, two idler bearings, two coil packs, etc. i know im forgetting some things, but i have the receipts.

It runs great, doesnt burn or leak any oil, and i wouldn't hesistate to drive it across the country. interior is in good condition, i keep it clean. car has never seen any salt and if you plan on introducing it, i wont sell it to you ;-).

cons:
-has some typical rock chips on the hood and front bumper, nothing too bad. -has a tiny exhaust leak on the passg side where the header meets the h-pipe. you can really only hear it in a drive-thru,etc. no one else even notices it except for me.

to be honest ive always been a gm guy. owned a few fox bodies but other than that its always been GM. This car changed my perspective, its my favorite out of all my past vehicles (35+). It hurts to sell it but i need to focus on getting a house, tired of renting. Ask any of my friends and theyll tell you i drive like a pussy because i love this car too much to beat on it. its NEVER been WOT in 5th gear, ive never launched it from a dig, never ran it at the track, and honestly never even did a good burnout with it!

OK sorry for writing a book, just wanted to make sure all the details were there although im sure i forgot some. If it was your car what would you sell it for?

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0204-1.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

6b7d9805.jpg

04a1e365.jpg

sorry, dont have any good interior or motor pics right now

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What ever the potential buyer is willing to pay. It's really a wide margin on these cars.

ls1 x2

n00b
Established Member
I would ask 18 and come down to 17.5

thats almost exactly what i had in mind...was thinking of asking 18.5 and coming down about a grand

What ever the potential buyer is willing to pay. It's really a wide margin on these cars.

very true...

i might see what a dealer would offer me to trade it in on a newer diesel, probably do some calling around tomorrow

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
thats almost exactly what i had in mind...was thinking of asking 18.5 and coming down about a grand

very true...

i might see what a dealer would offer me to trade it in on a newer diesel, probably do some calling around tomorrow

Do you own the car or do you still owe $ on it?

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
I would do the dealer thing then, if they don't hurt you too bad. If I had title in hand, I would be patient and sell it outright to an individual. As you know, the dealer gets a (big) cut.

shb5007

Established Member
Ugh, if this would have around 30k less miles I would have bought it yesterday...

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I am going to go against the grain a little and say that 18k might be a little high, especially with mileage and trying to sell during winter. If you wanted to move the car, you might need to ask $16.5k and might get offers around 15-15.5k. I agree that at the end of the day, it is what someone will pay.

There are a lot of cars on the market now, and you will be competing with 40-50k mile cars for just a bit more if you ask 18k.

mrose75

Established Member
Ewwww.... Uh, damn... Comp. Orange, huh? I tell you what, since your a member I'll take it off your hands for....$3K, no more than 3.5. Yeah, see NOBODY Wants Comp Orange. Nope. :poke: J/K, Good luck with the sale.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
There is a guy on here right now looking for one of these. Check the market section. I saw his post this morning. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread