What's For Dinner Thread

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
06BABCD3-E735-4B46-8CD4-DCEF3143757F.jpeg

D1F6E022-6EC2-4A88-9387-D8C8722910A5.jpeg
I started a 12lb seasoned butt at 4:30. First picture is 4:30, second is at 8:30 and one picture of the Pit Boss controller. This thing holds temperature very good. I just pulled it at 160* and wrapped it in foil. I’ll pull it at 204* and wrap it in towels and put it in a cooler to rest for a hour. Then pull it and add a little BBQ sauce. I’ll update later if I remember. Lol. It hit the stall now.
13995DCD-9969-486E-9983-1684D431CF28.jpeg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tonight,...........beef braciole, rolled with breadcrumbs and garlic, with ziti.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
This was Valentine’s Day dinner. Florida lobster (baked), filet sous vide (133*F 2 1/2 hr), baked potato (microwaved), and broccoli and cheese. The lobster/filet combo was amazingView attachment 1689597

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
You went to all that trouble and then threw your spud in the microwave? 90 min in the oven at 375 degrees with olive oil and your favorite spices on the skin is how the Jedi do it. You could have put your steak in, then prepared your potato and it would have come out at the same time. I wish I had the "I am dissapoint" meme handy. And you used a nasty ass russet potato. 1st rule of potato club is you don't bake russets, they don't have decent varieties and they are all offshoots from the french fry industry. Stick to gold or white flesh for home bake prep is my humble opinion. The steak and lobster looks dope, though!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tonight's fare consisted of hand made pupusas filled with Wagyu chorizo and cheese. Sides were black beans and rice. All was topped off with homemade curtido, homemade salsa, sour cream and jalapenos. Washed it down with 19 Crimes Banished. View attachment 1688044View attachment 1688045View attachment 1688046

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Wow! I want some of that for dinner tonight! Yum!!!

This was Valentine’s Day dinner. Florida lobster (baked), filet sous vide (133*F 2 1/2 hr), baked potato (microwaved), and broccoli and cheese. The lobster/filet combo was amazingView attachment 1689597

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That filet and lobster does look really tasty, but I prefer North Atlantic lobster. One of the reasons we always make a week long visit to the Maine coast every summer. Still awesome, though!!

Wife cooked some crab legs for Valentine's day. Check out the desert though! She made these dark chocolate covered strawberries with crushed almonds in about a half hour. I don't know how she does this stuff.View attachment 1689656

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
My wife would LOVE those chocolate covered strawberries. She has refined her own chocolate covered strawberries to an art form. I constantly tell her she should start her own business.

VegasMichael

Established Member
You went to all that trouble and then threw your spud in the microwave? 90 min in the oven at 375 degrees with olive oil and your favorite spices on the skin is how the Jedi do it. You could have put your steak in, then prepared your potato and it would have come out at the same time. I wish I had the "I am dissapoint" meme handy. And you used a nasty ass russet potato. 1st rule of potato club is you don't bake russets, they don't have decent varieties and they are all offshoots from the french fry industry. Stick to gold or white flesh for home bake prep is my humble opinion. The steak and lobster looks dope, though!
Dang, man. You take your potatoes seriously!

Last night I made shrimp Alfredo with diced tomato, white onion and mini penne.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I knew I was going to get shit for that, lol. I was originally going to smoke the lobster and oven bake the potato, but it was cold as hell outside. So the lobster took priority in the oven. As far as the russets go, they are the only good sized ones around here to make a baked potato like that. The gold ones are smaller, are they bigger where you are at?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I knew I was going to get shit for that, lol. I was originally going to smoke the lobster and oven bake the potato, but it was cold as hell outside. So the lobster took priority in the oven. As far as the russets go, they are the only good sized ones around here to make a baked potato like that. The gold ones are smaller, are they bigger where you are at?
They should have a baker size bag in every store. I know we used to sell Costco 20lb jumbo bag with sizes ranging from 13-17oz. The yellows will be smaller and reds smaller yet. Just bake two if you're that hungry haha.

And russets aren't that bad. Just not the best IMO.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Some baby backs and grilled zucchini. It was the first time using a smoke tube on a hot smoke and got some really good smoke penetration.

Usually use the tube on bacon, cheese, and hard boiled eggs for cold smoking.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
5a97b0dcdb4c6a0ad0877afcccf8d383.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread