What's everyone running for rear tires?

josephcostello

Established Member
I'm about to pull the trigger on tires for my 18x9s/18x10s, and I really don't want to put something that looks small out back...:cool: I'm thinking about the nitto nt555g2's: 245/45-18s and 295/40-18s for the rear. I've seen a 285/40 on a 10inch and it looks a little hideous IMO. What size/brand are you guys running? Any recommendations for different brand tires? Rubbing isn't an issue with my offset.

spectreman

Established Member
I'm stilling running OEM wheels on my '09. The Goodyears were toast @ 14k so after searching the net and Stang sites, I narrowed my tire choices to the Continental DW series and Michelin Pilot Powers series. I ended up going w/the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+, squared all around at 275/40/18, because my car is a daily driver, not a garage or track queen, and I want the ability to rotate evenly. Even tho the Mich were a touch more expensive than the Conti's, I've used Mich w/great success before on both my cars and bikes so it was worth it to me.

By all reports tho, the Conti's are great tires too.
Lee

sonicdan

Established Member
I run a 295/35/40 in the rear and it looks great from the side. A little narrow, coming from my old setup on 17s, 315/35/17.

Next time I will go with 305/35/18.

Users who are viewing this thread