Whats Better??

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
nx is better for the going around and having fun because it is cheaper. But for the serious people get the charger

stang2009

Banned
i am only 16 years old...and i just want more power..i dont go to the track to often, but once in a while...definitly want to go into the 12's though...but i cant afford a new engine, so if theres even a 20% chance it will blow, im not going to do it.

roushcobra03

Established Member
nx is like financing a supercharger, if you spend the money up front you will get the added power each time you put your foot down. With nx you get a few runs per bottle plus the up front for setup. it all depends on what you want to accomplish

stang2009

Banned
I want to be able to run 12's (which im already close to with the 4.30s) but like i said i cannot afford a new engine...i'll let you guys know what i deciede.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Any power adder brings more than a 20% chance of doing damage to a stock block. No matter how good the tune is....

S/c, anytime, all the time. Almost stock like unless you hit the gas:burnout:

Nitrous, like some have posted, it's like financing a blower. As long as it's armed and the bottle is filled, you can use it. But, the people I know that have Nitrous are filling up the bottle almost as much as they are their gas tank. It can get expensive quick.

The biggest difference between the two is that with a centrifical blower (Vortech, Paxton....) power goes up with RPM. With nitrous, it kicks on at a given RPM usually and it hits HARD. Look at a dyno graph....you will see a straight line headed north where the nitrous kicked in. That puts stress on your motor and other drivetrain parts.

They are both fun, but both have risk as well.
FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread