Votes: 5 11.6%
  • New edge GT

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jtsmg

Got my head in the clouds
Established Member
I've had 3 cobra's and loved them all.. Sold them and made a profit on each.... Building a GT 2v with cobra stock shortblock and patriot stage 2 heads and crowler cams... 76mm BB turbo with t56 6speed.. looking to stomp some whipple cobras.... I have a little over 14k in the car... and the cobra hood,front bumper and paint set me back 3k.... The paint was fine before..... looking back I should have kept it looking like a gt.. lol either way it will be fun...

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
In all reality now with the 2v cars ranging from 10-15 years old at the turn of the year they are really getting some age to them. The 2v's are the foxbodies of today. Back when the 2v's came out everyone wanted to build a cheap fox because they'd been around an parts were plentiful and cheap. Now with all the new advancements in cars the old gt's are now the cheap and easy to build car. I foresee a lot of people going the 2v route in the near future simply because prices on the gt's are really falling. Which is another reason I just plan to hang on to mine forever, none of us that have modded them will ever get anywhere close to what we have in them. But someday a clean GT that's tastefully done will be a well respected car since most of them are already trashed.

ttk53

Established Member
Yes you can build a 2v to be fast but the terminator already has all good parts.

Clean 2v is what ~10k
Built short block ~3k
Heads 1500
Power adder~4500
Trans~2k
Fuel~1500
It adds up real fast

all this so you can beat stock terminators. The Terminator is still a great bang for the buck. Keep telling your selves the 2v is cheap.

Or buy a pre modded terminator for 17-20

Stang Lover

Established Member
Yes you can build a 2v to be fast but the terminator already has all good parts.

Clean 2v is what ~10k
Built short block ~3k
Heads 1500
Power adder~4500
Trans~2k
Fuel~1500
It adds up real fast

all this so you can beat stock terminators. The Terminator is still a great bang for the buck. Keep telling your selves the 2v is cheap.

Depends on the build and goals. You can piece together a centri for about 2-2.5K and decent 2V's are ranging in the 5-7 range.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member

Clean 2v is what ~10k
Built short block ~3k
Heads 1500
Power adder~4500
Trans~2k
Fuel~1500
It adds up real fast

You didn't read very well all this has already been established. And with a built trans/motor you're going to do a lot more damage than just beat a stock 03 cobra. You can beat stock cobras with just adding a power adder to any old plain 2v.

whatwhine

Established Member
Another coyote would be great but they're more expensive than 03-04s. Plus they're the new big hit so lots of people are upgrading to them.
Now I've been thru many foxbodies and completely understand the logic of the gt becoming today's fox.
That slides my mind more toward a gt again.
But according to the votes, it's still heavy to terminator.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Another coyote would be great but they're more expensive than 03-04s. Plus they're the new big hit so lots of people are upgrading to them.
Now I've been thru many foxbodies and completely understand the logic of the gt becoming today's fox.
That slides my mind more toward a gt again.
But according to the votes, it's still heavy to terminator.

Yeah everybody and their grandma has a coyote these days. I still say GT and build though. My friends dad bought a 04 GT for 9K built motor tossed a blower on their making high 400's cuttin mid 11's hurting feelings. Great deals are out there you just have to find them.

blackmustang01g

I'm not allowed to vote because I am noob to this forum but: no GT, they don't do well in high RPM and a Mach 1 has a better starting point. Don't go new or you'll just meet new hurdles and more expensive parts... 03 Cobra is nice but you'll probably find one beat to hell or one that you could supercharge a Mach 1 and have a solid rear axle instead for less...

My opinion...

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Only other option IMO than a Terminator would be a Mach or 01 Cobra. The interior and other small things on the '99 make them a turn off to me. If your OK with a solid rear axle and don't want a vert, go Mach, I actually like the style just as good as a Terminator, but I specifically wanted a vert and IRS, so it was either going to be an '01 or Terminator for me. I decided I would always have regrets if I went '01, so I swallowed hard and laid down the cash for a nice Terminator. No regrets so far, but I haven't had it long...

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
My vote is obvious. Not as refined as the new GT's but I see them every day. Love driving my Terminator and don't see them very often.

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Nothing like a nasty 2v with long tubes o/r h pipe and nice cat back system have had termi owners compliment my 03 gt many of times wish I had a eaton and another gear though lol

Adiabatik

Banned

Clean 2v is what ~10k
Built short block ~3k
Heads 1500
Power adder~4500
Trans~2k
Fuel~1500
It adds up real fast

Try "all this so you can beat KB/Whipped terminators" instead ;-)

Gravik

Established Member

Clean 2v is what ~10k
Built short block ~3k
Heads 1500
Power adder~4500
Trans~2k
Fuel~1500
It adds up real fast

Turbo 2v 10.58 @ 144mph - YouTube

Stock 3650, stock suspension, stock unported PI heads.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Terminators are expensive for what they are. You'd still need to upgrade the trans to a 26 spline input shaft for it to handle power. You'd still need to do a complete fuel system. You'd still need to upgrade the costly IRS. Still need a new clutch. You're stuck with low compression. Iron block.

They look good and have a cool name. Other than that, they're pretty outdated. They can make great power but so can any other supercharged mustang.

I bought a 2000 GT with a built trans, rear axle and an intercooled vortech t trim on it for $6k. Can't beat that deal. I'm still going to get a 03/04 cobra later down the road just "because".

I'd pick a 03/04 mach 1 or a coyote, personally if I were to build something. Nothing against cobras but they're just showing their age. I know there are a lot of terminator nutswingers but good for them.

Everyone has a coyote because they're new and a great bang for your buck. My 2012 has minimal mods and am already a little over 600 rwhp. Baby p1sc with 9 psi. Stock long block, clutch/flywheel, trans, and rear axle.

But but but terminators have built motors.. Set of forged pistons, boss rods and a forged crank. Cheap and can handle some power.

Jebadias

Established Member
Get the Termi. Why? Because it is what you really want. If you settle for something less than what you really want you will always second guess the choice.

Reddasnake

Established Member
Termi!! Did all the research on internals, new blower, tranny,clutch,fuel pump,tune and install on my 2v gt and at the end of the day I decided to sell my gt and got a termi! Best decision ever!!!! Best bang for your buck! Why drool over one? Just make it happen !!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I don't get why you guys say the Terminators are over priced.. I bought mine for 12k. Yea it's ZY and had over 100k miles but it was a one owner car and stock. No accidents either.

Users who are viewing this thread